Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 04:29 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?

Hey Club Lexus,

i recently Put another 2jz-ge from my old sc300 into my new sc shell and i'm on the last step of connecting coolant lines i put in coolant thinking that i was done and than i started to see a slow leak from under my car i jacked it up and found this loose hose and its coming from the block does it connect to the intake many and if so can some one please show me a picture

p.s. i have searched high and dry on here,clubna-t,supraforums etc

thanks in advance .
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-imag2495.jpg   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-imag2497.jpg   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-imag2528.jpg   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-imag2521.jpg   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-imag2526.jpg  

Old 01-07-13, 05:16 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Any Body BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!
Old 01-08-13, 04:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

that connects to the throttle body uight under the y pipe at the throttlebody
Old 01-08-13, 06:56 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexforlife
that connects to the throttle body uight under the y pipe at the throttlebody
So The Hose I Was holding In My Hand Connects To The One I Showed and Under The Throttle body Right?
Old 01-08-13, 08:45 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

normally it goes through the runners and across the top of the engine to the throttle body. at least it looks like that hose, the one with the bolt in it and capped off that is.

may want to check on the other side of the throttle body that side will need to be capped off as well, of connect both hoses together with another hose.
Old 01-08-13, 10:17 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
normally it goes through the runners and across the top of the engine to the throttle body. at least it looks like that hose, the one with the bolt in it and capped off that is.

may want to check on the other side of the throttle body that side will need to be capped off as well, of connect both hoses together with another hose.

Thanks Ali i plugged up the other side awhile ago but didnt know where the other one went any clue on what the original hose looks like or is it just the one with the bolt?
Old 01-08-13, 10:38 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the front of the engine, the upper water neck bolts onto the head, and it also has a small port/bung on its bottom side.

From there, a hose is connected to one side of the throttle body, then, on the other side of the throttle body there is an exit port, with another hose.

That hose goes to a port that is connected to the main heater pipe.

The heaterpipe feeds the heater hoses, this pipe runs underneath the exhaust manifold.

THe purpose is to heat up the throttle body, for what reason I am not sure, I bypassed this and skipped the throttle body, and just looped it from the port by the heater pipe all the way to the port under the upper waterneck.

What part of NY do you live? If you're in queens/bklyn/LI I'll lend a hand.
Old 01-08-13, 11:08 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah you got it right man, sounds like you already blocked the one on the passenger side that goes to the throttle body.
This one needs to be capped off just like you have it shown, and you can put a clamp on the bolt to make sure it doesn't leak when the coolant system gets pressurized. Both mine have been bolted and clamped for a long time.

as for the hose with the check valve looking thing in it sitting on your fuse panel, I have no idea what that is from.
*edit, nevermind that is clearly the other half of your brake booster line which has a check valve in the middle.
make sure its pointing the right way (if you removed it) or you wont have brakes.

So the one on the left leave capped off with the bolt and maybe use a worm gear clamp they will hold better.
The one on the right on your fuse box is the other half of your brake boost line.
you stick the check valve side into the open hose on the firewall coming from the brake booster, the other end goes to the big shiny nipple on the top at the back of the intake manifold.
you should know where the brake booster line connects in all seriousness. dont want to mess that one up.
you can see the 2 ends that need to be connected at the top of this pic

Last edited by Ali SC3; 01-08-13 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-08-13, 04:48 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Candela
In the front of the engine, the upper water neck bolts onto the head, and it also has a small port/bung on its bottom side.

From there, a hose is connected to one side of the throttle body, then, on the other side of the throttle body there is an exit port, with another hose.

That hose goes to a port that is connected to the main heater pipe.

The heaterpipe feeds the heater hoses, this pipe runs underneath the exhaust manifold.

THe purpose is to heat up the throttle body, for what reason I am not sure, I bypassed this and skipped the throttle body, and just looped it from the port by the heater pipe all the way to the port under the upper waterneck.

What part of NY do you live? If you're in queens/bklyn/LI I'll lend a hand.
Thanks and im in the bx
Old 01-08-13, 04:51 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah you got it right man, sounds like you already blocked the one on the passenger side that goes to the throttle body.
This one needs to be capped off just like you have it shown, and you can put a clamp on the bolt to make sure it doesn't leak when the coolant system gets pressurized. Both mine have been bolted and clamped for a long time.

as for the hose with the check valve looking thing in it sitting on your fuse panel, I have no idea what that is from.
*edit, nevermind that is clearly the other half of your brake booster line which has a check valve in the middle.
make sure its pointing the right way (if you removed it) or you wont have brakes.

So the one on the left leave capped off with the bolt and maybe use a worm gear clamp they will hold better.
The one on the right on your fuse box is the other half of your brake boost line.
you stick the check valve side into the open hose on the firewall coming from the brake booster, the other end goes to the big shiny nipple on the top at the back of the intake manifold.
you should know where the brake booster line connects in all seriousness. dont want to mess that one up.
you can see the 2 ends that need to be connected at the top of this pic
Thanks A Million See The Whole time i was thinking that for both of them i just wanted a more solid answer and so should i cap the line or put it in being that i have the other side by the exhaust in and if i cap it what are the benefits?
Old 01-09-13, 07:17 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

people normally cap both the coolant lines going to the throttle body. it just adds more heat to the intake temps, which toyota calls "stabilizing the intake air". the engine does a pretty good job of heating up the throttle body seeing as its sitting right on top of it so I always plug those coolant lines. Makes for much faster spark plug changes too the drivers side one is a pain to get the clamp on and off of.

you can't just cap one of them, you have to cap both ones from the throttle body or you will have a leak in your system.
Old 01-09-13, 10:48 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Ok Well im just gonna pop it up if worst comes to worse cap them off thanks once again
Old 01-09-13, 12:18 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah exactly, except I didn't cap them, I just connected them together cause all I had was some of that clear hose =p
Old 01-09-13, 12:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

If it will still reach then yeah you can reconnect it like stock.
Or like Candela said you can run a hose between the 2 lines bypassing the throttle body.
If you go the capping route then if you cap one you gotta cap the other one.
Old 01-09-13, 03:16 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

There all capped and now i got a no start :/

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?