Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz gt35r downpipe??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 09:29 AM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz gt35r downpipe??

Whatsup guys,

I need a downpipe from my turbo but I can't find one.. Does anyone know where to get one perferably one without flange I'm looking to use exhaust clamp or weld.

Thanks
Old 01-04-13, 10:20 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

its easy. make one or type in on google, "1jz downpipe" on google. here i did it for u

http://www.protuninglab.com/tosu3do1...tm_content=pla
Old 01-04-13, 02:31 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 1jz will run exponentially better with no down pipe at all. The only reason you'd need a down pipe is if you're running nitrous. The real problem here is your turbo. It's a horrible choice for a 1jz. You'll need a t88.
Old 01-06-13, 07:15 AM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

No exhaust downpipe? That doesnt even make sense... Its a street car bro not racing
Old 01-06-13, 07:17 AM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
its easy. make one or type in on google, "1jz downpipe" on google. here i did it for u

http://www.protuninglab.com/tosu3do1...tm_content=pla
I was just worried about if the generic 1jz ones would fit on to my turbo?
Old 01-06-13, 08:06 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dont take it the wrong way but it seems like you shouldn't have a turbo in the first place.

a downpipe is a down pipe you just need to know what flange size you have and order off that. or you could take it to a shop and have them make you a custom one.
Old 01-06-13, 03:45 PM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

Dont take this the wrong way but instead of making a stupid remark dont you think u could read that i didnt mention a flange and that if there was one mayb i wouldnt need to ask this question? there is no flange thats why i previously stated, if you didnt bother to read that either, that i wanted to use an exhaust clamp. I was worried about fitment ordering online and local availability isnt so great so i was wondering if anyone knew one that would fit for sure
Old 01-06-13, 03:48 PM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

and i was hoping to do it without welding a flange due to very low clearance in the first place
Old 01-07-13, 05:31 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vrank
The 1jz will run exponentially better with no down pipe at all. The only reason you'd need a down pipe is if you're running nitrous. The real problem here is your turbo. It's a horrible choice for a 1jz. You'll need a t88.
you ARE an IDIOT. dont listen to him op. as what biggu stated im not quite sure you knw what ur asking for? exhausts go on turbos 2 ways, v band or a flange. idk how the gt35r is in the back of the exhaust housing but you need to figure out if its either v band or flange. u should take your car to a local shop and have them fab a downpipe up for you because not all downpipes are universal and will fit perfectly
Old 01-07-13, 08:30 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jmanhas
Dont take this the wrong way but instead of making a stupid remark dont you think u could read that i didnt mention a flange and that if there was one mayb i wouldnt need to ask this question? there is no flange thats why i previously stated, if you didnt bother to read that either, that i wanted to use an exhaust clamp. I was worried about fitment ordering online and local availability isnt so great so i was wondering if anyone knew one that would fit for sure
no I read your post but the lack of info is horrible.

I assume your "exhaust clamp" you actually mean V-band, which if that is the case you just need to know what flange size you have and order it.

how about posting a picture of what you have and we can do the leg work for you?

most 35r's will come with a 4 bolt outlet, 35r will only come with V-band( quality units not ebay or others) if you specifically order them.
Old 01-08-13, 12:32 AM
jmanhas
Driver School Candidate

Well i was just trying to give the info as needed. I am a ct mechanic not auto so some of the small details are differant especially with turbo setups. I have decided to order the drift motion kit thanks for all the help and concern guys. Do you guys know if the driftmotions stuff is any good?
Old 01-09-13, 11:58 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jmanhas
Well i was just trying to give the info as needed. I am a ct mechanic not auto so some of the small details are differant especially with turbo setups. I have decided to order the drift motion kit thanks for all the help and concern guys. Do you guys know if the driftmotions stuff is any good?
Depend on what you get from them manifolds, down pipe and some other stuff is just reworked eBay. I have their power steering line on my car and their pully kit. The line is fine way to long and they gave me the wrong crush washers. The pulleys one was bent but it is what it is.