Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

single turbo 1jz questions twins out

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 08:34 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single turbo 1jz questions twins out

I was wondering what i do with the iac hose and the heater hose that went to the twins??? im now going single turbo and found that the rear oil feed line needs to be blocked but im not quite sure about the other hoses...
Old 12-19-12, 04:00 PM
cheftank
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am running the spout off the valve cover to my catch can and into the back (huge) hard vac line. sorry, each forum calls it all different stuff so i am still getting used to the lexus lingo. shoot me a text and i'll send you some pictures... or maybe i'm gonna blow it up hahaha

904-613-11sixone

ps- my # is the catering number for one of my LLC's so its plastered on the internet anyway.

Josh
Old 12-19-12, 06:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out my thread its in there. I dont wont to post up something inaccurate. I will say this that the coolant line that fed the twins, you need to take it off and have it welded shut, IMO. I chose to cap with it a rubber coolant nipple and it created a pin leak, which left me stranded. I ended up using JB liquid weld and a new cap with clamp and life is good now. Just a thought. I also chose to just place a K and N filter on mine. It is a little loud when cold, but when warms up you cant hear it.