Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help running rough and dying! :(

Old 11-18-12, 07:26 PM
Cardio
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help running rough and dying! :(

Hey guys

Lately especially in the morning @ idel/at a stop my SC (92 sc300) is running real rough to the point where it feels like its going to die. Friday morning while I was sitting I'm the parking lot at school in park and it died for the first time check engine, oil, and battery light came on. I shut it off right away and went to my first class after class came back and it started up fine. I left it this weekend at a the guy who usually works on my cars and it didn't do it for him once. As soon as I got it back today it did it of course for me right away. So as of now this is what I think:

1. Bad fuel injector
2. Distributor cap and rotor
3 I thought alternator but got it tested today and it was fine
4. I dare don't wanna even think it...but head gasket???

Any feedback/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-Nick
Old 11-18-12, 07:39 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

If it isn't smoking a lot, it most likely is not your head gaskets.
First, Have you run a container of injector cleaner through the system? It might be running rough from debris getting in there. Secondly, pull the code. Problems like this appear everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. If I were you, I would look through the threads of rough idle and such on this forum to pinpoint some things. What about simple things like Spark plugs or melted spark plug wires...dirty MAF, IACV, TPS. Pull the code and tell us what you find. Keep us posted!