Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc300 has power, battery is good, but will not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-12, 05:04 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sc300 has power, battery is good, but will not start

Heres another car not starting problem. I just got a new battery 3 weeks ago (FYI- car was hit in the driver side fender 2 months ago) Car was runnning fine after installing the new Auto Plus battery from Discount Auto. I drove it on Saterday morning, and let it sit all day Sunday. When I opened my car door Monday morning I noticed I had no power anywhere. I might have left my glove box open, but Im not 100 percent sure. No lights, power locks, nothing. Battery was completely dead. I tried to jumpstart and the car would not turn or click. I removed the battery and fully charged it (charger gave the green light). It charged with no problem. I put the battery back in and still nothing. The key hole light is on, but the dash doesnt come on. When I turn the key I dont hear anything. No clicking either, dead silence. The lights in the dash dont light up, it stays completely black when turning in on position. The only thing that lights up on the dash is the door open car picture - when opening the door. I hear the fuel pump come on when I turn the key, but thats about it. The headlights come on and stay on without the key (H.I.D.'s), but the radio does has no power. The power locks are not working either. When i press the door lock button I just here a click. The interior map lights turn on with no problem. I pulled the fuse box under the hood and noticed the ALT 120 is broken. I noticed the radio and horn fuse is also broken. Anything else I should be checking? Any suggestions would be great.
Attached Thumbnails Sc300 has power, battery is good, but will not start-fuse.jpg  
Old 11-13-12, 10:13 AM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you pretty much answered your own question replace the damaged fuses, including ones that are intact but missing plastic covers ( causes corrosion on the filament which increases resistance) try that first if the fuse blows again you have a major short to power
Old 11-13-12, 10:14 AM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when installing the new battery did you make sure to remove the neg wire first and install the neg wire last??
Old 11-13-12, 03:28 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Originally Posted by Nova
when installing the new battery did you make sure to remove the neg wire first and install the neg wire last??
Thanks for the feedback! And yes i did.
Changing the fuses tonight. I will report back tomorrow
Old 11-15-12, 04:04 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Originally Posted by Nova
you pretty much answered your own question replace the damaged fuses, including ones that are intact but missing plastic covers ( causes corrosion on the filament which increases resistance) try that first if the fuse blows again you have a major short to power
Car started right up after I changed the fuses