Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Awesome! My 1JZGTE VVTI will be here next week!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-12, 06:32 AM
nemean
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome! My 1JZGTE VVTI will be here next week!

I bought a front sump pullout (chaser or soarer) yesterday. Coming from Texas to me (ga). My uncle is the master tech for the largest toyota dealership in our area. Asked him yesterday if he could get the wiring diagrams for a soarer or chaser, he said he always wondered why those cars were in his tech data, but that he could get me wiring diagrams.

First order of business is getting it wired up if any of you know of a link to help with somewhat of a how to: for wiring lmk. The physical side of the house I understand already.

RANDOM QUESTIONS:

I read somewhere that a 4th gen camaro driveshaft can be used by swapping the rear of the factory driveshaft via custom u joint and it bolts in... Anyone else heard this?

My engine didn't come with a maf, does this engine function like some of the jdm 2JZ and runs off map alone? ( if it requires a maf I can source it)

Have any of you ever ran the seibon carbon fiber hood with the center heat extractor? I'm going to be doing something semi unique with how I mount my intercooler and would need the upper heat extractor to vent the air for the intercooler
Old 10-20-12, 06:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am subscribed.

What management system are you going to use?

Injectors, FPR, exhaust, keeping stock turbos, how must boost, daily driven, track car ?????

We demand more info!!!!
Old 10-20-12, 07:35 AM
nemean
Rookie

Question

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I am subscribed.

What management system are you going to use?

Injectors, FPR, exhaust, keeping stock turbos, how must boost, daily driven, track car ?????

We demand more info!!!!
For now safc neo.

Once it runs and drives fine ill be shooting for 400+ whp. Most likely going to get my bases machine shop to make an adapter to the stock manifold and run an internally gated turbo.

Supra injectors, I believe it the stock FPR is fine for My power goals. It's a DD/ date night car. I'm completely redoing the interior. Sending the valve body off to get reworked, as well as getting a 2800 stall.

Mounting the intercooler under The hood with a scoop box / heat extractor hood to vent the intercooler.
Old 10-20-12, 08:05 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nemean
For now safc neo.

Once it runs and drives fine ill be shooting for 400+ whp. Most likely going to get my bases machine shop to make an adapter to the stock manifold and run an internally gated turbo.

Supra injectors, I believe it the stock FPR is fine for My power goals. It's a DD/ date night car. I'm completely redoing the interior. Sending the valve body off to get reworked, as well as getting a 2800 stall.

Mounting the intercooler under The hood with a scoop box / heat extractor hood to vent the intercooler.
What are you doing with the interior, maybe keeping it stock and clean, or going with TT seats and more? Any color ideas?

I mounted my intercooler next to the ac condensor, maybe 1 inch or less. I wanted to keep the sleeper look of the total car. It was hard to after the five inch muffler is hanging out...
Old 10-20-12, 09:51 AM
nemean
Rookie

Originally Posted by SCSIN
i think u bit off more than u can chew
Look at my first post in the new member thread. I've built quite a few cars, this is just my first Toyota. Besides, that's what you guys are for what's the hardest part of the swap? Wiring I assume? I knew it takes a maf, was just checking to see if certain year models don't. (People are faster to answer while flaming you) the maf is easily sourceable. If I've bit off more than I can chew explain in a nutshell where I'm going to struggle.
Old 10-20-12, 10:05 AM
nemean
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
What are you doing with the interior, maybe keeping it stock and clean, or going with TT seats and more? Any color ideas?

I mounted my intercooler next to the ac condensor, maybe 1 inch or less. I wanted to keep the sleeper look of the total car. It was hard to after the five inch muffler is hanging out...
Bride seats, going to get the backs re wrapped in the same black/ grey tone as the seats. Swapping to grey carpet, fiberglassing a LOT of this crappy interior and covering in grey perforated leather and black suede. Flush mounting my gauges in the wood trim
Old 10-20-12, 10:10 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you may need to source a 97 sc400 maf for that swap if I recall correctly?
Old 10-20-12, 10:28 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ this, or any mk4 twin turbo supra maf will work. Can usually find them cheapest on supra sites where mk4 people hang out. Same pinout, I'm running it on my holset vvti cressida right now. If you need any help with wiring, pm me. Also, I have a rear sump pan for gte I'd be willing to sell and can also prob offer a discount on some upgrade parts like bolt on injectors and bolt on turbos for the 1jz vvti. Just gimme a shout.
Old 10-20-12, 10:31 AM
nemean
Rookie

Originally Posted by xspsi6
I think you may need to source a 97 sc400 maf for that swap if I recall correctly?
I ran the part number on a comparability check... That's one of Toyotas most common AFM just bought one off eBay used for 40 bucks///// EDIT: I have no clue why when I ran this last night I got all sorts of cars and now I'm just getting SC400's nvm, found an SC400 one that I'm picking up Monday.

Last edited by nemean; 10-20-12 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-20-12, 10:43 AM
nemean
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vrank
^ this, or any mk4 twin turbo supra maf will work. Can usually find them cheapest on supra sites where mk4 people hang out. Same pinout, I'm running it on my holset vvti cressida right now. If you need any help with wiring, pm me. Also, I have a rear sump pan for gte I'd be willing to sell and can also prob offer a discount on some upgrade parts like bolt on injectors and bolt on turbos for the 1jz vvti. Just gimme a shout.
People like you are the reason I join a forum. I really appreciate the offer and will probably take you up on it.