Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE IACV Bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 11:55 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1JZGTE IACV Bypass?

Hey guys,

Still searching for some answers. I've been looking for a part # that correlates to the hard pipe that connects the IACV.

Below are some picture of what I'm trying to find.

And here's a picture I pulled from a swap on eBay. You can see it connects the IACV then goes through the rear of the spark plug cover, then connects to something on the turbo piping. Anyone have an idea of what the part number is? Or if there is any other alternative I can run.

Also here is the rear of the tranny on the right side, still not finding any unplugged grey oval plug so I can do the NSS. Unless it doesn't matter since I'm doing a full Soarer 1JZ R154 swap?

Alright after doing extensive research, and talking to a Toyota Parts guy in person, here's what I've found. Part # 22206-46021 Idle Speed Control Pipe. It connects from the IACV to somewhere on the turbo piping by the BPV. Now I dunno if that is the correct part#, if I can please get some clarification on it, that would be greatly appreciated. I do have a thread & a picture of said pipe. I just don't know if the part number I listed is correct seeing as how it is for a 2JZGTE and not a 1JZGTE. Also that Supra's don't seem to have Heater Control Valves, and this pipe seems to connect to one. Soooo I'm at a lost here...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...Control-Hookup

Also I Ali SC3 pointed me in the direction of possibly bypassing the IACV. Been doing research and I've found that people have been able to put a filter at the end of the IACV and blocking off some other lines. But it seems like most people that do that are either single, or aren't on stock ECU like I will be. So I'm just trying to get some clarification on if I should bypass this or just find the hardpipe somewhere and connect everything correctly. Thanks in advanced.

P.S. Sorry if in wrong forum section.
Old 09-27-12, 02:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I just placed a K and N filter on mine, size 1 1/2. This is only I ditched the stock twins, but the pipe you have pictured looks correct.