Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz aluminium piping leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-12, 03:47 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz aluminium piping leak

Hey guys i have a big problem and not sure where to start, my 1jz started having a coolant leak from thealuminium piping that is behind the block right up against the firewall kind of underneath the intake manifold. I looked up the diagram here ( http://www.lextech.org/documents/Fig%2016-03.pdf )...and thinking maybe its 16278 but not completely sure but it feels like its shaped like that....feels like someone put jb weld on it and just tried to quick fix it but now its cracking and leaking pretty bad. anyone able to confirm what my problem might be? with the position of everything i might have to take out the motor crossing my fingers though.

some added notes: every time the car gets warm and i shut it off that is when it starts leaking and i have to fill the radiator back up each time just to make sure i don't overheat, and even the overflow bottle doesn't hold water and i dont want to keep driving it with this problem.
Old 09-22-12, 06:21 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it's that pipe it's made of stainless. It's also something I can't think of getting off without pulling the intake and turbo/s.. Can you put it on a lift somewhere and get a better look at it from underneath?
Old 09-22-12, 07:46 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's what I was going to suggest. Those lines should be pretty easy to find. I am sure someone on here has it. Keep us posted, in what you find out.
Old 09-22-12, 10:21 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Originally Posted by Vrank
if it's that pipe it's made of stainless. It's also something I can't think of getting off without pulling the intake and turbo/s.. Can you put it on a lift somewhere and get a better look at it from underneath?
yea i am going to put it on a lift as soon as possible, but i had it on jack stands today couldn't really see much only could feel just really hoping i wont have to take the engine out haha but yea i does wrap about the whole engine from the intake side to the turbo's just don't know the technical name for those pipes or where to buy them.
Old 09-22-12, 10:23 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
That's what I was going to suggest. Those lines should be pretty easy to find. I am sure someone on here has it. Keep us posted, in what you find out.
will do i will try and do some more research on it also see what i find out, i cant be the only one that had this problem...or maybe i am haha
Old 10-22-12, 11:16 AM
IneednSC
Driver

i finally found a pic with that pipe! its been a while but yes its still leaking but in this pic its that stainless steel pipe that curls up on the right that is leaking, what is the exact name or part number for this because thats the lil bastard thats leaking
Old 10-22-12, 02:12 PM
subeone
Driver School Candidate

should be the for the heater?