Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ac light flashes on sc400 with 2jzgte swap

Old 08-16-12, 09:53 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac light flashes on sc400 with 2jzgte swap

Car has the swap and uses 2jz compressor. It works great on old start up or after long cool down periods. The problem is after the car has been running and I stop the car. When I come back 15 min later, the ac light starts flashing and I get no ac. I have to wait until the car is completely cool before it works again. I notice if I sprinkle some water on the compressor it immediately starts working again. Almost like its over heating the compressor. Anyone seen this before? Maybe the clutch or compressor rotation sensor?

Thanks - Sid
Old 08-17-12, 12:51 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidwin
Car has the swap and uses 2jz compressor. It works great on old start up or after long cool down periods. The problem is after the car has been running and I stop the car. When I come back 15 min later, the ac light starts flashing and I get no ac. I have to wait until the car is completely cool before it works again. I notice if I sprinkle some water on the compressor it immediately starts working again. Almost like its over heating the compressor. Anyone seen this before? Maybe the clutch or compressor rotation sensor?

Thanks - Sid
mine used to do that, but again its low on freon . but other memebers had the same problem. you might want to search for it . but its either low on freon which is not ur case you said it works fine right? so it might be taking a crap on you.. i say go get it checked out... i'm running a 1jz by the way.
Old 08-17-12, 01:38 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

My buddy have the same thing going on. It's a warning for either low on freon or the compressor isn't working right. Just because it cools it doesn't mean it ain't low on freon.
Old 08-17-12, 03:10 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine does the samething, I am going to charge it and go from there. it's very cool when you first turn it one then later the ac light will start to blink.

Under the compressor you have a litttle sensor that goes inside the compressor that's sensor that sense how much freon you have in the compressor , if you are low the ac light will start to blink so you don't burn up the compressor.

gl