Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Something we all need to READ!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 01:47 PM
Knuckleup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something we all need to READ!

I figured a lot of us on here could benefit from some of these things being brought out into the open. Especially since a lot of us want a good product when we spend our hard earned money for them.

http://www.injectordynamics.com/size14.html
Old 08-10-12, 07:25 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Wow! So don't get the FIC 2150's than?
Old 08-11-12, 12:00 AM
Murco
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had noticed on other boards that I had been a long-term member of that negative product reviews on vendors that advertised were often edited or removed. When someone on a forum asks about a product or service that I have direct user knowledge of I would share my impressions. Sharing information and experience is the whole point of enthusiast forums in my opinion. When a certain valve covers finish came off within 15 minutes of driving, I would let others know. When certain control arms arrived with shabby welds, I let others know. When they transmitted more road harshness and noise than when I used to race with heim joints, you know darn well I'd let someone planning to use them on a street car know!, I feel that obligation to the enthusiast community.
I run my own manufacturing business and even though the Obama years have been a struggle I still see a critical review of one of my products as an opprotunity to either improve it or educate a user if there is an application or installation issue. I refuse to pay protection money, it's a bad practice all around and bad for our community...
Old 08-14-12, 12:23 PM
FIC
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify that this article is referencing Fuel Injector Connection which has no association with Fuel Injector Clinic.

Fuel Injector Clinic does all of our own development and testing in house. We have been around for a long time and take great pride in the quality of our products and our excellent customer service and support.

It is unfortunate that they chose a name so similar to ours and now more than ever I want to make sure there isn't any confusion!

If there are any questions at all please feel free to contact me at bryan@fuelinjectorclinic.com
Old 08-14-12, 12:25 PM
FIC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4thHorsemn
Wow! So don't get the FIC 2150's than?
The answer is ALWAYS to get Fuel Injector Clinic 2150s .

Hopefully you saw my post above this to clear up any confusion that was created here, this article has nothing to do with Fuel Injector Clinic at all, we're basically still as awesome as ever
Old 08-15-12, 10:21 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

^^^^
Unless you can afford the best. In that case, Buy only Injector Dynamics.
Old 08-15-12, 08:14 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Knuckleup
^^^^
Unless you can afford the best. In that case, Buy only Injector Dynamics.
This ^^^^^^ is a paid political announcement!
Old 08-16-12, 04:50 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

my tuner has tested both and with the dozens of cars tuned around the map , some on id and some on fic , he told me there was no difference in tuning between the two .. dead times , latency and pulsewidths all seemed just about the same to him.. he endorsed either brand hence why i chose fic .. bryan and the team up in hobe sound are a great bunch of guys .they take care of you and are always there to lend a hand ..
Old 08-16-12, 08:52 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I care more about the type of injector they start with than the brand.
Alot of high flow injectors are made from smaller flowing cores from a given generation of injector, which are modified to flow more fuel.
I pay attention to what the body of the injector looks like to identify the generation, as the better of an injector they start with, the better the end result.

The EV14 injector is the latest tech and uses a ball and seat pintle design which gives you this awesome cone spray that atomizes right away.
The resulting combustion is so evenly spread and complete, that you can tune very very large injectors with stock drivability.

Older cars that use EV1 injectors, (like rx7's and mk3 supras), have to have the right distance from the where the injector sits relating to the piston top combined with the right amount of delivery holes on the pintle, because of the fact that the spray pattern is more of a stream, so it needs time and distance to atomize.

flip over a 7mgte injector and you find 3-4 holes. This was toyota's solution to help atomize the fuel better in that short runner space and it works well enough by splitting the big stream into 4 smaller ones that will atomize in much less distance compared to one larger stream flowing the same amount.

flip over a rx7 injector and you will find one big nozzle, this was mazdas remedy to get the fuel from the distant injector seat all the way to the rotor entrance (a bit of a distance) before it starts to atmoize. basically on a rotory you need the fuel to get much further in stream from and then atmoize closer to the end, so when you stick one on a 2JZ you are shooting more of a jet inside your chamber now because the distance is not enough to atomize properly, which will show up on idle and part throttle tuning sometimes but is not a huge deal because the injectors are only 550cc, so it is manageable. the same type of injector in a 2000cc form, will not be very manageable.

Most 2004 and newer cars use the latest Bosch EV14 injector, results in cleaner burn and lower emissions.
The ball and seat design take much less time to turn on and off than a traditional injector.
this is where the reduced "latency" is derived from and makes them easier to tune.

Hopefully I have planted the seed of interest and it should be clear which injectors will work best, regardless of brand labels.
(Hint: they both use similar EV14 bosch cores.)

this is a good read
http://www.rx7club.com/single-turbo-...ectors-974696/

Last edited by Ali SC3; 08-16-12 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-16-12, 09:43 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
my tuner has tested both and with the dozens of cars tuned around the map , some on id and some on fic , he told me there was no difference in tuning between the two .. dead times , latency and pulsewidths all seemed just about the same to him.. he endorsed either brand hence why i chose fic .. bryan and the team up in hobe sound are a great bunch of guys .they take care of you and are always there to lend a hand ..

I'm guessing you and your tuner didn't read the article then....
Old 08-16-12, 09:44 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
This ^^^^^^ is a paid political announcement!

Can you tell me the difference between my opinion and FIC's post?
Old 08-16-12, 09:49 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^^^^^^It looks like they are talking about Fuel Injetcor Connection so please let it go before this thread gets close.

Do you work for ID ? I asked because this is not the first time you started threads like this.
Old 08-16-12, 09:56 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

I posted it not to start a war. Just figured since we all spend money on stuff like this, it'd be good information to have.
Old 08-16-12, 10:03 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know ! but this thread will go south i know this for sure.

I have never dealt with fuel injector Connection so i am sure all of SC guys won't care but when you talking about Fuel Injector Clinic people will get pissed off , get in their feelings and this thread will be lock .
Alot members uses FIC, i personally know alot of guys that uses the FIC kit without any issues. To each their own .

I have ID1000 BTW!
Old 08-16-12, 10:08 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Sweet! I'm using ID1000's as well on my car!

I didn't know people would get so upset over the whole thing. Honestly thought I was shedding light on an issue that people would want to know about.