Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fake Greddy BOV

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-12, 12:18 PM
TTschmitta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake Greddy BOV

First and foremost I am writing this to ensure none of my fellow SC owners make a simple mistake because the fakes are IDENTICLE to the real for the most part. I hope everyone finds this useful!

So i was searching through craigslist for parts for my 1JZ SC300 and came across a GReddy RZ BOV for $110 brand new. I asked the seller why it was for sale and where he got it and said he sold the car and had extra parts he never got to put on. I began doing some research and comparing the craigslist BOV to others on the interent and saw a couple red flags. Thanks to GREDDY, ( & the seller for putting multiple pics that showed details of his BOV), i was able to determine the BOV i was looking at is in fact a FAKE!!! The seller had no idea his product was fake and I saved myself from making a MAJOR mistake.

So the moral of the story is to do some basic reasearch when buying parts with prices that are "to good to be true" (or any parts for that matter), because as the saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true...it probably is"

here are the links i used:

http://www.greddy.com/featured/25
http://greddy.net.au/news/?id=99

Sincerely,
TTschmitta
PS:

BE AWARE THIS WAS FOUND ON THE SOUTH FLORIDA CRAISLIST (MIAMI/BROWARD/WESTPALM) !!!

Last edited by TTschmitta; 06-19-12 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 06:07 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i saw tht add too. didnt bother researching it.. i had a feeling it was fake and moved on.
Old 06-19-12, 08:20 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I was at autozone the other day putting in some oil and a honda guy pulls up and was like DAMN YO we be having the same bov yo. !
But yea apart from that greddy bovs usually have greddy engraved on the side of the bov
Old 06-25-12, 01:43 AM
TTschmitta
Driver

Originally Posted by Superjatt
LOL I was at autozone the other day putting in some oil and a honda guy pulls up and was like DAMN YO we be having the same bov yo. !
But yea apart from that greddy bovs usually have greddy engraved on the side of the bov
Fake ones do too...they look almost identicle
Old 06-25-12, 09:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

good find. should help people find genuine ones.