Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

working on tt manifold on ge lower runners

Old 11-18-09, 02:10 PM

Default working on tt manifold on ge lower runners

new quick question guys what throttle cable should i use? camry? supra tt? for the 2jz swap guys or mybe even the 1jz guys what throttle cable are you useing? and also how much extra cable do u have to play with if you even have any? I'm going to run a ge tb with a custom flange between the stock ge tb and the tt manifold the flange is about mybe an inch and a half long so that's how much more the gap is from the tb to the manifold.

note: im running a jdm 2jzgte manifold if that makes any differce from the 1jz and 2jz cable wise...

So i know that throttle cable the "black part with the thread and nuts" will bolt to the same place...but for the cable cable i might need to make it longer some how. what do you guy think if use a camry or supra tt cable and bolt it to the same place where it should be and not mess with the bracket and if the cable is to short and does not reach the tb. i was thinking about this

cut the needed extra 2inch or what ever is needed cable from the stock throttle cable and crimp it to the tt cable so now the tt cable will reach with that extra cable crimp to it? any suggestions?

also does that even sound safe?

thanks!

sooo yesterday i picked up a upper intake manifold from a jdm 2jzgte for 80 bucks local...my orignal plans was to make a ffim from scratch but 80 bucks for a tt intake manifold local pick up..what the heck right? might as well

this is what i got so far i was able to bolt the ge lower runners with the tt together but still needs some work to get the runners to match up.

what you guys think? feel free to give me advice good or bad... both will help me some how! thanks =]

anyone know where im supose to connect the brake booster?

Last edited by djkevin510; 11-22-09 at 10:26 PM. Reason: need a question answerd...
Old 11-18-09, 02:14 PM

Anyone know what throttle cable to use? im useing a ge tb for now
Old 11-18-09, 02:22 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finaly someone is doing this. I heard camry tb cable is long enough. So does the ge tb fit the gte manifold?

i want to see the pics of the two runners coming together. How far are they appart?

BTW good ****** on the GTE manifold
Old 11-18-09, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by LEX_MAN
finaly someone is doing this. I heard camry tb cable is long enough. So does the ge tb fit the gte manifold?

i want to see the pics of the two runners coming together. How far are they appart?

BTW good ****** on the GTE manifold

thanks bro yea im was lucky it rare these things come around...ummm the ge tb does not bolt on i need to make some kind of flange and weld it on or somthing should not be a biggie....the gap between the 2 runners are like small mybe half a finger gap also should not be a biggie... other then that i guess it just grind till it does not block any airflow then get it welded together it really does not seem as hard as people say...
Old 11-19-09, 07:17 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

why not use the gte TB?

the brake booster will connect to a nipple on the back of the intake. If there is no nipple then you have a Aristo intake and you will need to make your own.
Old 11-19-09, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
why not use the gte TB?

the brake booster will connect to a nipple on the back of the intake. If there is no nipple then you have a Aristo intake and you will need to make your own.

im not sure how to connect the sensors or if it will even work...so my plans are to avoid it and just use a stock tb. but if you can tell me how to make it work i can pick one up for 80 bucks from the person who sold the manifold to me. also im only useing a safc for now...also this is the first time im doing this...its my first car. so im only getting info from the forums no personal experiance at all... im not even shure if the car will start when im done... lol

i do i have the nipple in the back but it seems kinda smaller then the brake booster hose

Last edited by djkevin510; 11-19-09 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-19-09, 05:42 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im doing one better. im machining an adapter to bolt up a 1jzgte manifold to a 2jzge and after it works also for 7mgte.

good work. show how the runners meet up. how are you adding material? devcon or jbweld?
Old 11-19-09, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
im doing one better. im machining an adapter to bolt up a 1jzgte manifold to a 2jzge and after it works also for 7mgte.

good work. show how the runners meet up. how are you adding material? devcon or jbweld?

lol forget that i just ported the lower runners a little so it both runner are connected flow wise...then welding around the whole things forget bolt and unbolt i want this thing running a already with no leaks!!! lol
Old 11-19-09, 07:55 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interesting............... the only thing keeping me away from going na-t was the dumb y-pipe over the valve cover. This is awesome.
Old 11-21-09, 10:29 PM

have a question if anyone can help me out... on top^^
Old 11-22-09, 08:40 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

no gaskets. if its paper it will melt/burn. a metal one wont allow you weld it.

just weld the two pieces together. unless they are warped you should be fine and it wont leak.
Old 11-22-09, 09:39 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh i really wanna see pics of this as your doing it like some before durnig and after pics plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-22-09, 02:26 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
oh i really wanna see pics of this as your doing it like some before durnig and after pics plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
im with him. before, during, after. por favor.
Old 11-22-09, 05:53 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

this would be amazing if it is at all possible.
Old 11-22-09, 09:57 PM

ok thanks guys f it im just going to weld it together...ill get pics up soon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: working on tt manifold on ge lower runners