Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Atlanta, GA Tuners, who has the best REP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 12:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Atlanta, GA Tuners, who has the best REP?

When I return off of military orders, I am planning to take a trip to Atlanta area to get my car tuned. I opened this thread up for discussion of who has personally used a particular shop and how their car reacted, cost factor, overall impression, customer service, and money well spent. I have called several and they all seemed to want to tune my car, but one kinda stood out among the rest in customer service. I would like people to chime in who has PERSONAALY had their JZ cars tuned, not worth of mouth and post up your comments. I am leaning towards the company Zen Motors.

This thread is NOT to bash any one or three particular company or companies, just your overall experience in your service you spent for a tune. I will be more than glad to pay for a better piece of mind. If you want to post up your before and after tunes, then by all means please do!

Let the discussion begin....
Old 04-24-12, 01:05 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that you're referring to Georgia tuners but if you're willing to spend a little extra $$ for a top notch tune then I'm going to have to recommend Darin from Double D Tuning. I'm sure you guys can work out something as he's in Orlando, so not too far of a drive for him to come to Georgia. He's a 2JZ guru, and will have your car running efficiently but most importantly making good, safe power! His number is 407-405-4818, tell him Jerome referred you and he'll take care of you. He just tuned Ryan's(SC400TT) twin turbo V-8 so he'll chime in if he sees this thread so he can give his views. Good luck!
Old 04-24-12, 01:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I am actually in Alabama but will consider driving to Florida for a great tune. I was thinking there was more tuners in Atlanta and it was closer for me. Thanks for the heads up, I will give him a call when I return.. By the way your car is sick and I have watched your video like 2K times....
Old 04-24-12, 02:51 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you near Mobile Alabama? Mike at TDC Performance should be able to get you squared away. I believe he is fully redoing his sc300 at the moment also. my friend PT works there their all cool guys and i always recommend them to people.

their facebook

Zenmotors LLC,... my car just got there monday. but to just get the stock 1uz replaced. they seem to do high quality work from what I've seen when going to the AI meets in ATL and saw his personal(or shop... idk?) na-t GS last year flying down I-85 going to the meet while I was in a costumer car with a 1jz (trdmike on here). also so far they have been super nice with doing business with me.

(word of mouth i apologize!)

Last edited by iridebmx; 04-24-12 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-24-12, 05:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I spoke with Jeremy from Zen Motors and he seemed to want to earn my business. He seemed to be one of the most helpful so far on the list. I also spoke with Mike from Top Speed Performance in Atlanta. He also seemed to be helpful as well. I told both of them what I had and Mike said his tuner was out of town and would be back on Wednesday. This was over 2 weeks ago and I still havent heard back from him or his tuner. I guess since I dont have a GTR Top Speed is out right now..... Until I receive a phone call back...

There has to be more results than this...

I have seen so many SC's on here with swaps in the GA area.....
Old 04-24-12, 06:26 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same feeling from TS when I had my Subaru. Sure, they tuned them, but it was obvious I was a bottom feeder because I didn't have a GTR. $30k in the car and $10k more under the hood was chump change in that market. It's ok because it made me learn to do it myself. It took much longer and many revisions but I'm glad I went that route. I'm the first to admit it's far easier to tweak a stock ECU than it is to program a standalone.

Good luck on your quest for a fun but safe tune. It's a real art to find a balance between power, driveability, and reliability.
Old 04-25-12, 06:35 AM
trini_sc4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta, GA Tuners, who has the best REP?

Having dealt with Zen personally, I would definetly recommend them.
Old 04-25-12, 06:39 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Another good word for the Zen Motors personnel.. Jeremy told me toward to the end of our conversation, since I was driving kinda far, they would meet me after the shop closed if needed, just to help out. Thats what I am talking about with good customer service.
Old 04-25-12, 09:47 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would def go with Zen motors. Ive dealt with them in the past and they have helped me out plenty of times. Dan is a very cool guy and knows what hes doing.