Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Engine cuts out when pushed/Electrical power loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 03:48 PM
jnaka006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine cuts out when pushed/Electrical power loss

Hey guys,

I've been on this forum for a little while now and I can't find or recall anyone with quite the same problems that I've been having so I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit.

Before today this only happened once: I was driving spiritedly on a Canyon Road when the engine completely cut out as well as the electronics in the car and the power steering.

Today: Its raining here and I just finished a tough Business Finance Final and I felt like having a little fun. LOL. There's an empty lot in the industrial park that I like to mess around in. I've done this maybe 4 or 5 times and its been pretty successful. BUT this time I was trying to do a doughnut and the engine completely cut out as well as the power steering and electronics. I tried one more time pulling the e-brake and drifting and the same thing happened.

Sorry, now that I write this out it sounds very ricer but please don't judge. I wanna have my car running enough so that I can take it to the track and not have it crap out on me.

PS: Does anyone else have a problem with their stereo volume going up and down when you hit the brakes? Sometimes when I come to a stop light the sound with completely go out for a while then come back all of a sudden.

THANKS GUYS!