Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Wiring issues...

Old 03-16-12, 06:25 AM
Specaiist
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring issues...

Alright... I'm in the process of doing a swap. I have build thread that can be found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...s-my-turn.html

My car is a '99 SC300 VVT-I OBD2 (Auto). The motor that I'm trying to install is an Aristo 2JZGTE NON-VVT-I OBD1 (Auto). The reason for this is because I got a really good deal on the complete swap "blah blah blah".... I have already extended the ECU plugs. That was a breeze.. But the issue that I have has to do with the re-pinning and marrying of the body plugs from my car to the Aristo's harness.

Yes I have spent hours searching for the pinout for my body plugs but I haven't been able to locate the correct info. I did find an AMAZING thread by "ICONYQ": https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...onversion.html
And another one by "wanganstyl": https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...gured-out.html

But none of those threads match up to my '99. I've also found multiple sites with the pinouts for the 1J and for the Aristo.

What I need are the pinouts for the body plugs on a 98+ SC300 OBD2 VVT-I Auto.. Heres a pic of the plugs: (I am aware of the fact that they look similar to other cars but the pinouts/wire colors are totally different)

Here's a pic of the ECU harness:

And just for reference, Here's a pic of the Aristo harness that I have to mesh together:

Before anyone says that I should "send it to Dr. Tweak"... They are an option. But I'm the DIY type of guy. I love challenges. And it's road blocks like these that gives you satisfaction when you look at your car and reminisce... IMO

But anyways, HELP!
Old 03-16-12, 03:16 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

I think the pin out for the 99 sc body plugs should be the same with the exception of a wire or two extra. You should nt look at the colors, instead look at the pins. For the aristo body harness, i have been able to find one.
Old 03-16-12, 03:22 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Best bet for the body plug is to dl a service manual. I would assume they are very similar to the non vvti.
Old 03-16-12, 07:42 PM
Specaiist
Driver

Still looking for info...
Old 03-17-12, 08:22 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you need the 98-2000 SC300 service manual.

i have access to the wiring diagrams, but you need the plug names/IDs with pinouts. as far as i know, no one has posted a pinout of the 98+ body plugs. you're going to have to do it yourself. people rarely mod 98+ SCs, so this is may be difficult.
Old 03-17-12, 09:18 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't do what you are doing. The single 40 pin ECU plug needs to be incorporated into the main wiring loom of the Aristo harness. Fuse box plugs need to be grafted on, Igniter repositioned to the drivers side (given you are looking for a clean harness), oil level light & power steering added on, body plugs added onto the etc. Essentially the whole harness needs to be broken down and rewrapped. Put bluntly you are over your head right now.