Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

electrical? gas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 07:00 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical? gas?

Any suggestions on this... My 99 LX470 183k miles recently started giving me problems. It started out with issues on starting. I replaced the battery, and the issue seemed better for a little while, but showed back up at the start of winter. On occassion, it would stall out when I was stopped..but this was very seldom. This started happening on seldom occassions, so I took it into garage and mechanic could not find anything wrong when hooked up to computer. Had oil, filter, air filter replaced, and gas treatment added. Mech suggested to run a few tanks of premium. (I always used reg 87 oct with no problems) Ran it on premium gas for the next couple of fill ups and then switched to half and half (about 90 oct.). This seemed to make things a little better but did not eliminate it completely. While I was away, my husband filled the last 2 fill ups with regular 89 oct, The other eve, my son sat in the car listening to the radio and drained my battery. Had to get jumped, and although the battery gauge showed ample charge...my car kept stalling out if I didnt have my foot on the gas to up the idle a bit. This happened even after going 20 miles or so at 65 mph. Also, not sure if this is related, but I noticed the daytime running lights are not coming on by themselves, and I have to turn them off and back on (I keep them on auto all the time). Any suggestions on what in the heck is going on? It seems to be starving for fuel. No clue what the lights are doing. Does this sound like an electrical issue...or a few coincidental issues that are unrelated? Suggestions appreciated so I dont get suckered at the garage.