Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help!!! Soarer not starting..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 01:38 PM
antonio356
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Soarer not starting..

Since I got my Soarer back from the body shop the car won't fire. It's rolling over but not starting. It started before I carried it to the body shop but now nothing..

When I got it, the Alternator fuse (120A) was blown and the Injector fuse. I replaced those. No wires around the body are loosed that I can see. Don't see any other ground points that may be missing. The fuel pump is delivering fuel. I checked all fuses...

I am not getting any spark from the coil packs. I took em out and don't see them arcing or hear them going off.. It almost mimics as if I had the ecu out of the car...

What can it be? Dead ECU, missing ground?? Any help would be appreciated...
Old 03-05-12, 08:47 PM
antonio356
Driver

Anyone with any suggestions?
Old 03-06-12, 09:00 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check under the fender well for a damaged wiring harness. Search the Forum but I think one of yours is in danger if the car is lowered at all.
Old 03-06-12, 09:02 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Which ECU part number do you have? You have to pull the carpet up in the passenger floorboard on an SC300 and remove the ECU cover (basically the passenger's footrest) which, again on my 1993 SC300, is held in place only at the bottom by two 10mm nuts. Then you can remove the black cover and see your part number. Write it down and keep it with your repair and maintenance file!
Old 03-06-12, 09:03 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

I have the three volume set of repair manuals for the 1994 SC300 and SC400 but right now I am trying to diagnose my own "cranks but won't start" issue.
Old 03-06-12, 11:39 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by antonio356
Since I got my Soarer back from the body shop the car won't fire. It's rolling over but not starting. It started before I carried it to the body shop but now nothing..

When I got it, the Alternator fuse (120A) was blown and the Injector fuse. I replaced those. No wires around the body are loosed that I can see. Don't see any other ground points that may be missing. The fuel pump is delivering fuel. I checked all fuses...

I am not getting any spark from the coil packs. I took em out and don't see them arcing or hear them going off.. It almost mimics as if I had the ecu out of the car...

What can it be? Dead ECU, missing ground?? Any help would be appreciated...
main relay, ecu caps leaking, fuel pump...start with those
Old 03-07-12, 09:57 PM
antonio356
Driver

Fuel Pump works.... Did see a wet spot when I disconnected one of the connectors but when i opened the ecu it was dry inside and I didn't see any corrosion.. I will check the ECU again more closely and will also document any information that can help.... Is the main relay in the fuse box? I will check the wire harness under the area again or to see if one is actually there on that side... The car ran fine before going to the body shop... I towed it there... Seems as if they attempted to start it at some point and may have hooked the battery up incorrectly... Will try your guys suggestions. Some I have already tried but will go over them again... Trying to work on getting a next ECU to test it... Thanks for the help so far. Any other things that I can check?...
Old 03-29-12, 03:08 PM
antonio356
Driver

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions. I tried a different ECU and it still did not start... So I went ahead and ordered an igniter and it fired up.... Thanks again guys...