Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE ecu in na-t sc300

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-12, 01:53 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTE ecu in na-t sc300

hey guys, so ive been doing some research here and there and come to the idea of why not just using the stock tt ecu??

ill be running an xs power t67 kit on my 93 auto.

according to this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-odb1-sc3.html it can be done.

My question is that all i need for it to work? some people are acting like i need the whole harness which would defeat the point of doing this to save money.

so my questions are if anyone can help what ALL do i need to complete this succesfully.

so far ive got

-jdm auto ecu
-440cc injectors
-map sensor + iat

anything else???

A couple other things im wondering, what will i do about the ecu looking for camshaft position sensors??
Also it shouldnt have a problem running the ge auto since it thinks its a tt auto right??

My tuner says i need the whole harness but according to a few sources it seems it will work with my stock harness just fine. anyone verify that?

Im hoping for it to run like a stock single turbo TT and ill be super excited since i can save 600 in tuning.

any and all constructive input would be greatly appreciated, this is my first boosted project and even though im trying to save money i hope to do it perfect.

Last edited by sj408; 02-25-12 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 01:58 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's very possible and actually a good idea. Ali SC3 is running the GTE ECU with his NA-T setup. Look for his threads, it's just a minor rewire
Old 02-24-12, 02:10 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sj408
anything else???

A couple other things im wondering, what will i do about the ecu looking for camshaft position sensors??
From what I remember, you would also need a 7MGTE CPS for the crank signal.
Old 02-24-12, 03:12 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by 88supramki
it's very possible and actually a good idea. Ali SC3 is running the GTE ECU with his NA-T setup. Look for his threads, it's just a minor rewire
Yeah actually the thread i referenced was one of his, and i sent him a pm in hopes of getting in contact for info. Got any links to his other threads regarding the subject? i would appreciate it

Originally Posted by AnonymousG
From what I remember, you would also need a 7MGTE CPS for the crank signal.
That shouldnt be too bad, since my stock harness doesnt have provisions for a cps would i have to wire it directly from the ECU or???

im super excited about this idea because it will save me a great deal of money if i can get away with running the stock gte ecu with no dyno tune

Last edited by sj408; 02-24-12 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 06:40 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Funny you ask I actually bookmarked the link I plan to use later.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...coilpacks.html
Old 02-25-12, 07:12 PM
sj408
Instructor

yeah i dont care to use coilpacks if i dont have to. i like to keep it simple and coil packs are expensive im just hoping i can get away without a dyno tune or safc and run like stock single turbo mkiv.
Old 02-25-12, 07:29 PM
broda805
Lead Lap

i think you might have to go coil packs cuz thats what the gte uses
Old 02-25-12, 09:58 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by broda805
i think you might have to go coil packs cuz thats what the gte uses
not according to the original thread i posted, was just talking to ali and he says if i follow that diagram i can keep my dizzy. Ill keep you guys posted and maybe do a diy on this with some pictures.
Old 02-26-12, 05:55 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes yiu can keep the dizzy but you need the coils my friend. dizzy it just there to pick up the cam and crank signal. The ignition setup is different from tt to an Na so you need to match it in order to use that ECU.
On my car i didn't even used the 7m cps because that junk was working i was told when i bought but once installed i couldn't get my car start.Checked the AEM and realise no crank or cam signal so i decided to just stick my 2jzge dizzy base in there, i remove the cap and the rotor off and bam my car is running but i had to use the VVti coils.
The gte ecu can run the vvti coils setup of the gte coil setup, the na ignition will not work.

Ali is not running a gte ecu on his car , he is on aem ems.
Old 02-26-12, 02:38 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Yes yiu can keep the dizzy but you need the coils my friend. dizzy it just there to pick up the cam and crank signal. The ignition setup is different from tt to an Na so you need to match it in order to use that ECU.
On my car i didn't even used the 7m cps because that junk was working i was told when i bought but once installed i couldn't get my car start.Checked the AEM and realise no crank or cam signal so i decided to just stick my 2jzge dizzy base in there, i remove the cap and the rotor off and bam my car is running but i had to use the VVti coils.
The gte ecu can run the vvti coils setup of the gte coil setup, the na ignition will not work.

Ali is not running a gte ecu on his car , he is on aem ems.
Well according to the link i posted and my current conversations with ali it can be wired up to use the stock ignition no problem. Not sure why everyone is saying no when i posted a link with the wiring diagrams.

If it doesnt work ill let you know, going coilpacks just seems expensive compared to a dizzy, wires and coil
Old 02-26-12, 03:31 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remembered awhile back, I had to buy some coils for my MKIII when I was still rocking a 7m. We used the vvti coils, and I bought a set on my.is for like a hundred bucks. Definitely worth it IMO. Also the 7m CPS can be had on supramania for like 75 bucks
Old 02-26-12, 04:39 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by ihiryu
I remembered awhile back, I had to buy some coils for my MKIII when I was still rocking a 7m. We used the vvti coils, and I bought a set on my.is for like a hundred bucks. Definitely worth it IMO. Also the 7m CPS can be had on supramania for like 75 bucks
but why would i spend the extra money if i can wire it correctly to the stock ignition??
Old 02-26-12, 04:50 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fair enough, I was just sayin they aren't that expensive is all
Old 02-26-12, 05:42 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Fair enough, I was just sayin they aren't that expensive is all
i hear ya, i appreciate any input of course. its just i figure if it can be used on the stock ignition then why not. im sure there are plenty of 600 + hp distributor setups so im not too worried about upgrading the limits or anything.

Gonna probably grab a bl or ets na-t piping kit too.
Old 02-26-12, 05:45 PM
sj408
Instructor

Well **** its worth the try, seems like an inexpensive alternative to piggybacks and dyno tuning if i can do it without too much extras. considering im not looking for crazy amounts of hp more just reliability.

what do you mean in the red area?

Last edited by 99SC42; 03-29-12 at 04:38 AM.

Quick Reply: GTE ecu in na-t sc300