Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump wiring - reverse polarity?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 09:49 AM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump wiring - reverse polarity?

Quick question,

iv read on multiple forums that the aero 340 fuel pump runs on reverse polarity. my question is that i just checked it with a 9v battery and the pump is much louder (seems to run aloooooot faster) when you have the +postive red wire on the +positive terminal and the black (-) negative wire grounded. So why is everyone switching the polarity of the wires? They say wire it opposite of the walbro on supraforums.. but im not sure.

So the question to be answered:

Am I going to wire the fuel pump normal with the red +lead to the +power on the harness and the (-) black lead to the (-) negative ground on the harness

OR

Am I going to wire the fuel pump reverse with the red +lead to the (-) ground on the harness and the (-) black lead to the +postive power on the harness
Old 02-07-12, 10:39 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

just hook it up (with the positive on whichever terminal you choose) straight to the battery, allowing it to run constantly with the car OFF, with the pump assembly drop-in thing not bolted down, and take a peek into the tank to see if the fuel is dumping back into the tank through the return.
if it's wired up backwards, nothing will be coming out of the return.