Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

na-t turbo set up

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-12, 06:43 PM
suprakidxx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default na-t turbo set up

bout to get parts for turbo set up on 2jzge.

just not sure about what exhaust manifold to use. the cast or tubular design? i have 2.4mm mgh also i lowered CP. this will be a DD ride. so i was leaning toward cast.
and whats a good return setup on oil pan? i have drilled a hole in oil pan and tapped 2 bolt holes. is there a proper return line kit? or just rig something up ?
ive got pipe fittings i was going to see bout just tapping the alum oil pan or make a flange to bolt to pan. turbo im going to get is hx35.
Old 02-05-12, 07:06 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clubna-t.com will have more info but there are some boosted members from here that should be able to help. from what i remember reading the stock TT head gasket is sufficient for lowering compression

the above website has oil feed discussion as well as install guides and reviews
Old 02-05-12, 07:17 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

cast usually spools faster, but imo what matters most is quality of the kit. Like for instance a cheap xs kit or any chinese manifold, you'll have issues with certain turbos hitting the IM or the intake pipe hitting the distributor.
which is why i went with the dave h kit since its a great fit all quality parts(precision turbo tial waste gate strong manifold with no clearance issues)

i actually have it for sale because of my motor not being in the best shape but i may just suck it up and fix it to use this kit since its really grown on me.

other options are piecing parts together that others have already tried and found to fit etc..
like the hx35 i believe is a t3 exhaust housing but theres no t3 2jzge manifolds..so you would have to at least modify the manifold to accept this turbo. Im also pretty sure the hx35 are pretty large..not sure if clearance will be an issue or not but another thing to consider
a lot of great threads out there with answers if you search around a bit.
and like mentioned above idk if you installed the HG yet but thats a little thick for a dd, would be much better off with stock comp (if not trying to exceed 400whp with ems 500 if you have a GREAT tuner) or use the tt hg for 500+ on pump gas so you'll have much better low end vs the low CR that you'll have with the 2.4mm hg.
Old 02-05-12, 08:23 PM
chingpo05
Lead Lap

clubna-t.com and your hg choice is to big
Old 02-05-12, 08:39 PM
suprakidxx
Driver

i already installed the 2.4mm cometic mhg. the head and block and pistons are all stock. no milling head or block. i have npr rings,acl rod and thrust bearings,klevite77 mains. all std size. i was on suprafourms and i was told there that 2.4mm is what they use. dang i hope i didn waste money.... :/
Old 02-05-12, 09:16 PM
chingpo05
Lead Lap

what are your power goals? and what do you plan to get out of your setup? daily driver? highway killer? looks like youre building a car like the supra guys which have high hp numbers in mind and straight 100 mph+ runs
Old 02-05-12, 09:25 PM
suprakidxx
Driver

i want a quick spool responsive daily on pump gas.
Old 02-06-12, 02:55 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Well a little late to worry about head gasket now but you should of left it stock unless you wanted more then 400whp but something for the future..make sure when researching you try to stay with relevant times..ie what people thought in 05 doesn't really apply now ..not saying everything but the "you need 8:1 cr to be reliable" is just not true and you can make great power on 10:1 cr..it really comes down to the tune
Old 02-06-12, 09:37 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the clubna-t kit and its worked fine for me for 20k miles now. ZERO issues whatsoever.
Old 02-06-12, 03:42 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

you also note in ur sig that built and tuned by urself
so would you give an honest opinion on how easy it was to install the xs kit and state how much experience you have..i simply ask because from what ive heard the XS kit does not fit perfectly and theres tweaking that needs to be done etc.

Not saying it wont work or doesnt its obviously been proven that it does..but unless hes having someone else install he should know everything before jumping in.
Old 02-07-12, 05:50 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suprakidxx
bout to get parts for turbo set up on 2jzge.

i have drilled a hole in oil pan and tapped 2 bolt holes. is there a proper return line kit? or just rig something up ?
I'd wait on the oil return until you have the turbo mocked up on the manifold in the car. I bought my fittings from Jegs online. Just realize that you can't mix brands on the fittings as some of the hose only fits the same brands fittings etc. I'd just go with Jegs and build your own.

You'll need a dremel to cut the braided -10 AN hose. Tape it with electrical tape and use a round cut off wheel. Then blow the hose out with air and then run a wet papertowell through the hose, pushing it with a long screwdriver. It doesn't get a lot of debris in the hose, but you might as well go overboard cleaning the hose out right.

wear glasses, and a mask cause it stinks once you cut through the rubber.

Last edited by RyanV; 02-07-12 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 09:42 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by imDementeD
you also note in ur sig that built and tuned by urself
so would you give an honest opinion on how easy it was to install the xs kit and state how much experience you have..i simply ask because from what ive heard the XS kit does not fit perfectly and theres tweaking that needs to be done etc.

Not saying it wont work or doesnt its obviously been proven that it does..but unless hes having someone else install he should know everything before jumping in.
This is my build thread with lots of pics and a dyno vid.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...the-works.html

It was sorta hard. there is mockup in anything you do. Some of the stuff didnt work right at first... there was definitely some trial and error in the fitting of the kit, all the hard parts are legit tho. You have to tweak and **** with everything you do... almost nothing is just a bolton when adding something to an engine not technically setup for it. It wasnt that bad tho, all things considered. The guy that runs clubna-t sucks at customer service, but in hindsight his **** works. I didnt have to really modify anything. everything went in as it should have. Its putting together a puzzle youve only ever seen others finish. I spent a good deal of nights and weekends at the shop getting it just right, maybe thats why it works so well for me.

I was a mechanic for 10+ years and actually did a lot of high performance work for years. I feel like anybody with enough technical knowledge to want to try it can do it. There are tons of build threads out there and others that have done it. No reason IMO to pay someone else. (and this is coming from a mechanic)
Old 02-07-12, 12:10 PM
suprakidxx
Driver

key points i want when done
-quick spool
-on pump gas
-400hp to 450hp

So 8.5:1 is most likely my CR(2.4mm) and that is over cautious of what is really capable on pump gas while achieving 400-450hp and i should go with a TT head gasket(1.8mm)?

so if the TT HG is what i should go with i can just change that whenever then? I still have motor stilling on stand. i have not started it.
Old 02-07-12, 03:36 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

for that horsepower range the TT hg would be perfect and yes i would absolutely change it before installing it with that hg, the low end would be bad out of boost compared to ~9.2cr that the TT hg would give you.
Old 02-07-12, 10:38 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

I would do cams or something... unless you plan on running alot of boost/meth or something... you wont like it and it wont spool for ****.

Quick Reply: na-t turbo set up