Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz GTE VVTi stock twin numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11, 08:56 AM
qksl2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jz GTE VVTi stock twin numbers

I've been getting a number of questions on the power potential of JDM twins, JDM 440's, so I thought I'd post the graphs in one section for everyone to see.

Here are some recent numbers:

This car is running a JDM GTE, stock JDM twins, JDM440's and an AEM. I don't have any before numbers, because on the stock ECU it wouldn't run well at all due to wiring issues. This is blowing through a very small FMIC and a stock Lexus SC cat-back exhaust! We're limited on this car by the exhaust and the stock MAP sensor. This car ran about 15psi.

This is a VVTi GTE with stock JDM twins, stock JDM 440's, obviously stock cams. The DBW is shutting things down at 6.5krpm, but you can still see how much power you can get on the stock injectors on pump with the stock JDM twins. This, though is running the injectors at 100% duty, so it is absolutely maxed out! This is 17psi dropping to 16psi.

Here's the torque curves at all 4 of his on the fly map switching settings. By playing with the VVTI control we found that there are different cam position settings that the motor wants at different boost levels, likely due to the slightly changing VE as the turbos get wheezy. The motor also is happy making lots of torque with less timing with the VVTi adjusted optimally.

This car had intake, exhaust, downpipe, and FMIC.

If you guys have any questions, let me know!

Ian
Old 12-21-11, 11:28 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! 400whp on stock fuel? Nice