Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

95 Sc400 tranny problems help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 01:05 PM
Onitlex96
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Sc400 tranny problems help please!!

i recently had my automatic tranny swapped out with a lower mileage junkyard tranny, the guys that did the work arent exactly lexus pros by any means. My first gear is extremely sluggish, like a diesel school bus and it doesnt feel like it shifts out of third.also they didnt know how to hook up the cruise control or overdrive so now my od light is on and the od doesnt work at all. I also have a ticking noise when i drive, sounds like it comes from bellhousing, maybe my drive shaft or torgue converter? it sounds like a bicycle tire with something stuck in the spoke. I really love this car but not sure what to do, can i fix the tranny wiring myself? or should i just junk it? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou and happy holidays
Old 12-09-11, 05:03 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously? they didn't know how to wrench on a car?
take it to a lawyer, sue them, then take it to a legitimate mechanic. None of those problems should exist if they swapped the proper transmission, and weren't on methamphetamine.
All of those problems you can cure yourself, but I don't even know where to begin....
Old 12-09-11, 05:21 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

first check the fluid level , if you over fill the trans the car will feel like a dog ( i mean slow)

toeque converter will make a noise and it will sound like it's coming from the bellhoung or the tunnel.

are you sure that trans is in great condtion? did you replace the tq converter with the trans?

don't let you butchers touch your SC.

so i would make sure everything is connected first , check the level and go from there.

gl
Old 12-09-11, 07:55 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you really shouldent have those kind of issues after taking it to a shop, id make them make it right.