Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need some help sc300 94 2jzge

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 11:36 AM
Dustindude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help sc300 94 2jzge

Obd1 94 lexus sc300 2jz ge it wont start. No spark lookin for a more accurate ecu diagram. Not sure if the one I am using is right. I get power to my ecu. Some of the pins on the plug farthest to the left have power. my coil is gettin power but not puttin it out the coil. Brand new coil. If I mess with it for a while it will get random spark and try to start but it won't.
Old 11-13-11, 09:42 PM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The coil gets the pulse from the ecu and it gets it from the distributor i think. There is a magnetic pickup in the distributor that tells the ecu where the rotor is pointed. The dist usually fills with oil and shorts it out. it getting spark once in awhile is probably from the distributor turning fast enough to sling off the oil or it heats up abit and gives it some pulse, take the dist cap off and if it has oil in it, brake cleaner it, let it dry and than make sure there isnt any metal ect stuck to the magnet
Old 11-14-11, 07:12 AM
Dustindude
Driver School Candidate

I had an extra distributor, i left the old one on until i got the new coil. I put the new coil on tried it with the old distributor it didn't fire. I took that one off put the new one on and it still wouldn't.(i had the number one at top dead center) There was no oil in either one. I was thinking if i could find the witch wires go from the ecu to the distributor/coil to check for power it would be another step. There is a wire going from the main harness to the distributor (i think) but when i checked for power it was getting none. That's what brought me to wanna find out if there is power coming out of the ecu.
Old 01-25-12, 09:16 PM
milkyninja
Driver School Candidate

hey, having the same problem. no spark on my 2jz ge motor. if u want i can give u the pinouts for the dizzy plugs. the black one is a ground that goes to ecu big plug and the other 3 are power that go to that ecu big plug