Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 bro's with the 5 speed or Getrag swap...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-11, 07:19 PM
danegerous
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 bro's with the 5 speed or Getrag swap...

Now that you've completed your swap, how do you like it? I've been following a few threads and the few dudes who have actually committed and finished their swaps had nothing but good things to say. But here's my real question, would you trade your swapped car for a 1JZ, 5 speed SC, already finished?

I've been pricing out my build for sometime now and at first the manual swap was the obvious choice due to me getting a W58 and a few other key parts for free. Since that is no longer the case, based off what prices I've seen the trans go for and the Quantam auto kit, it's got me sitting at $2160 something. That puts the swap in range of doing a 1J in a 5 speed SC300... and it would make more power.

What are your thoughts opinions?
Old 10-07-11, 07:43 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you wanna do with the car? sc400 with a 5spd thats all ull have.. if you wanna make more power then its going to cost alot.. to turbo or supercharge that thing.. if you want hella power then do a GTE swap and manual. if u want a unique SC then do the manual v8..
Old 10-07-11, 07:58 PM
danegerous
Rookie

I want to shred the gnar...haha. My ultimate goal is a streetable drift car, something that can slide and be somewhat practical at the same time. I just want to know how those dudes feel about their swap after everything is said and done versus a 1j powered SC3.

I'm formally an FC dude and had this trailer queen for many years. I just hate having something in the garage I can only bring out a few times a year and never drive on the street.

My FC3S at WSIR
Old 10-07-11, 08:37 PM
hovsc400
Pole Position

I was wondering the same thing how do the guys who actually have a manual 400 feel about their car? Do you wish you swapped a 1j or 2j instead? I priced a manual swap for my 400 to as it would be unique and nice to drive daily but to get to the point were i can run with vette's and even beat them would be a nice penny in a 400
Old 10-07-11, 11:56 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

I can get some hook ups to make you an adapter plate for cheap.. machine it and everything.. cheaper than 2k... but that can only happen In Tijuana MExico.... My Uncle is a machinist with over 30 years of experience.. just let me know... Pm me if you want
Old 10-08-11, 01:50 AM
danegerous
Rookie

Awesome dude, that seriously cuts down on cost. Are you in SD?
Old 10-08-11, 03:58 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I should be able to answer this question in about a month or so. I am in the middle of swapping a SC400 to a 1JZGTE with a single and a R154 tranny
Old 10-08-11, 07:20 AM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

I know a couple people running the 1UZ-fe + Manual Quantum Auto swap. They love it! The good thing is they don't really have to deal with turbo and have bolt-ons and have fun with the cars!

damn...but you cant go wrong with a 1J'd SC? that's just classic! my old 5-speed 2j was enough fun for me!

i think you should ask someone if you can test drive they're v8 swapped SC then drive a 1j'd Sc.

both are going to be evenly priced in the long run...

I was actually going to ask Dan, Dave, or Martin how much they would charge to do this swap including rear end? I don't have a garage up here to work on the swap...
Old 10-08-11, 09:40 AM
danegerous
Rookie

Haha word. Thanks for the responses dudes. Mike- I don't know if they're interested in doing a trans swap, I tried to con them into doing this swap and a manual swap in my fc before. They'll do rear ends however.
Old 10-08-11, 11:53 AM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by danegerous
Haha word. Thanks for the responses dudes. Mike- I don't know if they're interested in doing a trans swap, I tried to con them into doing this swap and a manual swap in my fc before. They'll do rear ends however.
I guess it's a pretty fairly straight forward swap. It probably wouldn't be worth the labor for them to do it. I wouldn't blame the guys at all for it. thanks for the heads up Dane!

Maybe ill just borrow my buddies garage for a weekend and try to knock it out quick. It's possible.

So do you plan to track/daily this car?

It'd be great to see more SC's out on the track both 1UZ/ JZ'd out!
Old 10-08-11, 01:24 PM
danegerous
Rookie

Driftmotion will do the swap including pedal swap for $700 which is nice though I want to stay away from a track only car....as immature as it sounds I miss street drifting. I AM NOT advocating it but I sure do miss those days. So I may or may not take the long way home sometimes if you know what I'm saying
Old 10-08-11, 03:30 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

no *****? $700? what does that include? I'm going to have to look into that.

were you planning to get a 5-speed rear end? or could you just weld it and call it a day?

Call me immature as well, 'cause no one misses 2001 Street Style more than me. Haha!
Old 10-08-11, 05:31 PM
flip3d
Driver School Candidate

I got a W58 with the quantum auto kit. It's fun and all but I'm gonna upgrade to the swap1uz kit to use the 350Z 6-speed. It's similar in gearing to the getrag and a fraction of the price.
Old 10-08-11, 05:54 PM
danegerous
Rookie

Does it feel like it picks up pretty quick for it being such a big car?

Mike- I'll probably run a kaaz or trd diff. I hate welded diffs so much.
Old 10-08-11, 06:55 PM
danegerous
Rookie

And fliped if you're interested in selling your set up, PM me

Quick Reply: SC400 bro's with the 5 speed or Getrag swap...