Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Whats needed to do a Na-t setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-11, 10:54 PM
supraclay
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats needed to do a Na-t setup

Just wondering whats needed to do a Na-t setup i already have turbo kit with manifold and wastegate. But what exactly do i need to make a reliable and power hungry sc on stock internals. i only want around 500hp to the wheel is that possible on stock internals?
Old 10-04-11, 11:13 PM
supraclay
Driver

i mean i knw the basics just wondering if anybody already has experience in doing one and can point me in the right direction about what all they did and used to reach there satisfaction.
Old 10-05-11, 09:40 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K i plan on doing my own na-t kit as well, or possibly going xspower. havent really weighed out the pros and cons yet.

Lol you "only" want 500hp? The Key to making a high power 2jz on stock internals is tuning, There was a guy a few months back who sold his sc on here it had something like 800hp on stock ge bottom end but he had a stand alone.

Personally i only want a streetable 400 hp even if thats at the crank ill he happy, What turbo "kit" did you go with???
Your short
-downpipe (best to be custom made IMO)
-intercooler
-piping (also good to be custom made/fit)
-oil return lines (do not cheap out on these buy quality braided lines)

im sure your already aware of all that but your post was vague so i threw it in also

and last but MOST important is tuning.
personally ill probably go with a MAP-ecu as reccomended by a few na-t guys

At your power goal i highly suggest getting a stand-alone of your preference. Like i said the trick seems to be tuning with the higher horsepower goals.

also at those power levels youll most likely wanna look into using a "slightly" thicker headgasket to lower the compression a tad to be high boost friendly and some arp head studs of course.

lately a few people seem to be against using things like TT head gaskets or thicker HG in general but for years ive heard of sc/supra guys doing this with plenty of success
Old 10-05-11, 10:28 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ You are right, but there is no "trick" with tuning. Bottom line is you NEED a good tune, period, no questions about it, blah blah. And who made 800hp on stock internals?! MAXIMUM I would push would be 600rwhp, no more. Yes the GE bottom end is the same as the GTE with a couple minor differences, but 800 on stock con-rods....you really want to dance with a gas can around your fireplace??

clubna-t.com

^^OP, go there and start reading, and dont bolt anything together until your 100% sure you know what your doing. Slapping a turbo on a car is one thing, and can be done with the 2J with stock fuel/compression, and a piggy back, but for what your wanting, you need more than the basics. 500rwhp is no joke, but can be achieved fairly easily, but not cheap.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. But there are 2 things that can keep your na-t build healty or watch it burn itself up...A wideband, and a good tune.
Old 10-05-11, 11:05 AM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by turbodremz
^^ You are right, but there is no "trick" with tuning. Bottom line is you NEED a good tune, period, no questions about it, blah blah. And who made 800hp on stock internals?! MAXIMUM I would push would be 600rwhp, no more. Yes the GE bottom end is the same as the GTE with a couple minor differences, but 800 on stock con-rods....you really want to dance with a gas can around your fireplace??

clubna-t.com

^^OP, go there and start reading, and dont bolt anything together until your 100% sure you know what your doing. Slapping a turbo on a car is one thing, and can be done with the 2J with stock fuel/compression, and a piggy back, but for what your wanting, you need more than the basics. 500rwhp is no joke, but can be achieved fairly easily, but not cheap.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. But there are 2 things that can keep your na-t build healty or watch it burn itself up...A wideband, and a good tune.
good call on the club na-t almost forgot that. I can go find it in the classifieds if you want, Believe he held the record for most power on the stock bottom end ( not just blowing up on dyno)
and never said there was a trick to tuning, I said the trick to the whole set-up is the tuning, Reading comprehension FTW!!!.

But yeah like he said OP, Do your research if you really want to achieve 500+ and if you wanna do it right, do it right the FIRST time.
Old 10-05-11, 02:40 PM
supraclay
Driver

What is a good and reasonable place to get a stand alone and wide band system for a good price
Old 10-05-11, 04:28 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

What manifold and turbo are you going to run? And as far as 800 whp on the stock 2jge that is on the edge for sure.
Old 10-05-11, 09:48 PM
supraclay
Driver

T-304 Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold from top speed pro 1 performance and a xspower t4 turbo
Old 10-05-11, 10:48 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

What are the spec,s on the turbo and are you looking for that number on pump or race fuel.
Old 10-05-11, 11:02 PM
supraclay
Driver

pump gas i want to be able to down tune it when im daily driving it but also be able to get on it when i want too. and honestly i have no idea what the specs are on this turbo how do i find out? i never payed attention to it that much.smh
Old 10-06-11, 12:20 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IIRC the most common turbo from XS Power, is the Super 70:

SUPER 70 60.5mm • A/R RATIO .70 • TURBINE HOUSING A/R .84 • COMPRESSOR HOUSING .70 • T3/T4 FLANGE

Other option is their T4 67mm Turbo...which I have no idea what the full specs are.
Old 10-06-11, 10:16 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buy everything like my setup and you'll have close to 500 whp.

Ebay T67 turbo kit
Map Ecu 2
PTE 525cc injectors
Walbro 255
TT head gasket
ARP headstuds
strong clutch (mines not strong btw)
turn Boost to 15-20 psi and pray your transmission doesn't blow up on you if you have a w58 like me.
Old 10-06-11, 10:20 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

turn Boost to 15-20 psi and pray your transmission doesn't blow up on you if you have a w58 like me.
Old 10-07-11, 07:19 PM
BillySupra
Driver School Candidate

Haha you'd be lucky if it didn't let go with that much power!
Old 10-07-11, 08:30 PM
need2boost
Pole Position

my friend is pushing 850 for the past few years on stock ge block with just bolts and headgasket...hes deep in the 9s (S14) and shooting for 8s with the new auto trans. he tuned my car to 450 on stock block pump gas rb25 as well....he is on clubna-t.com as well.... blew up 2 r154, switched to v160, then is on auto now...

Quick Reply: Whats needed to do a Na-t setup