Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GM LSx Engine Mounts for Lexus SC300 / SC400. Check It Out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 04:22 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM LSx Engine Mounts for Lexus SC300 / SC400. Check It Out!

1 SET IS IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
Special Price...PM ME!

CLICK THE LINK..... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-in-stock.html

Last edited by AMSMIKE2; 12-11-11 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-15-11, 07:58 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Link updated!
Old 09-15-11, 09:57 PM
boosting
Driver

awesome. love the LSx engines
Old 09-15-11, 10:18 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Love the lsx swap but $1k for the mounts? I cant stomach that since s10 swap mounts with hraders are $350. I know i own a lexus and not a s10 but c'mon son. They cant be that expensive to make then add a little for your r&d on.
Old 09-16-11, 05:55 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 313sc3
Love the lsx swap but $1k for the mounts? I cant stomach that since s10 swap mounts with hraders are $350. I know i own a lexus and not a s10 but c'mon son. They cant be that expensive to make then add a little for your r&d on.
I will respond to this later on, cause these mounts are far from you average steel plate motor mounts.

For those of you concerned about the price, DGR charged more for their mounts than what Mike is offering them for. If by chance anyone wants a side by side comparison, I will glady work something with Mike, remove my DGR mounts and give a FULL 100% review top to bottom with measurements, detailed pictures and a careful fitment quality.

I have been talking with Mike for a little while now, and the design is unchanged, and gets my full support on both the price and the quality. If anyone has questions about the DGR mounts feel free to ask. I will get some details from Mike later this afternoon and see if I can support and assist in the details of his mounts.

BTW, the mounts look great Mike. I have already spread the word to a few other places, will work on some more this afternoon
Old 09-16-11, 09:24 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 313sc3
In all honesty, if you don't believe they cost that much. Please go to a reputable machine shop and show them the pictures of the mounts. Ask them how much to make them My guess is the 2 mounts will cost you more than i am selling ALL of them for with isolators. Reason being I have to buy a large quantity to offer the kit at this price! Material is expensive and so is all the labor.

I have been to 10 machine shops in the last week. All state of the art with multiple CNC machines or just one machine/one man operation. I have received the best pricing from a larger machine shop. You must understand that i am having these made in the USA and it takes about 1 hour to make 1 single mount on the CNC machine, being removed 6 times to rotate. These mounts cost A LOT to produce and the Isolators are the best money can buy. I don't cheap out on parts because I wont sell something i don't believe in 100%. You buy a cheap mounts, its just that...

These CNC'd billet mounts have been tested and tested in racing conditions to prove they are above and beyond anything out there.

I am not making much on this stuff and I am putting in TONS of hours in order to make this available to everyone. This is something I am doing to help the community. I am NOT a business. I am an enthusiast. There is a difference.

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I will respond to this later on, cause these mounts are far from you average steel plate motor mounts.

For those of you concerned about the price, DGR charged more for their mounts than what Mike is offering them for. If by chance anyone wants a side by side comparison, I will glady work something with Mike, remove my DGR mounts and give a FULL 100% review top to bottom with measurements, detailed pictures and a careful fitment quality.

I have been talking with Mike for a little while now, and the design is unchanged, and gets my full support on both the price and the quality. If anyone has questions about the DGR mounts feel free to ask. I will get some details from Mike later this afternoon and see if I can support and assist in the details of his mounts.

BTW, the mounts look great Mike. I have already spread the word to a few other places, will work on some more this afternoon
Thanks man

Yes these mounts are unchanged...except they wont say DGR on them. They will be blank and anodized a different color. The design and material IS the DGR mount.

I will be honest, there is 1 change. I am running the project. I am very honest and a straight shooter. No BS. I know people had issues with Dan @ DGR. He was in over his head with all of this. I on the other hand am on it and will always be here for questions, concerns and when someone orders a part, they receive it. If anyone wants to know how I operate, contact anyone on my feedback ratings under AMSMIKE.

I hope more people go with the LSx swap. Its truly an awesome engine and in a Lexus. Best of both worlds

send me a PM whenever you need anything!
Old 09-16-11, 12:54 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pardon my ignorance, but I see guys in the domestic world build their mounts out of plate steel. They usually build pretty high power motors, too, to go with that.

it seems to me it would be cheaper to put a CAD together for that, get them cut on a water jet (or such), then weld the pieces together. you'd still end up with a sellable product, at what I understand would be a fraction of the cost.

no denying the quality of the mounts you offer, I can tell that they'll be great, and the cnc work is expensive.

again, I am expressing questions based on my ignorance, not bashing the product (or it's price).
Old 09-16-11, 02:03 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BenStoked
pardon my ignorance, but I see guys in the domestic world build their mounts out of plate steel. They usually build pretty high power motors, too, to go with that.

it seems to me it would be cheaper to put a CAD together for that, get them cut on a water jet (or such), then weld the pieces together. you'd still end up with a sellable product, at what I understand would be a fraction of the cost.

no denying the quality of the mounts you offer, I can tell that they'll be great, and the cnc work is expensive.

again, I am expressing questions based on my ignorance, not bashing the product (or it's price).
Cost would be about the same for stainless mounts that are boxed in and plated in order to with stand abuse. I have friends who are fab guys in the offroad and sand car business. They do LSx swaps all day long. They choose stainless because its welded to the chassis, not bolt in applications. However they all told me to stick with the Billet ones and NOT stainless fab'd mounts. I trust their judgement as well. Plus Fabrication+Labor isn't cheap either. Then you have the Isolators, they cost as much as the mounts. Because they are top quality.

There are ways to save a hundred bucks or so, why? I don't cut corners because engine mounts are one of the most important things. If it fails, breaks, cracks etc...It will cause more damage than that $100 you just saved.

And you must understand, I am not a business, this is something i am doing because there has been a demand for it and the person who had them before doesn't have time for this anymore. So i am offering them, busting my butt to try and make this all happen because i want other people to be able to have LS swapped Lexus's. Just like I was fortunate enough to build.

the mounts will be the cheapest part of the project. This isn't a swap for everyone and definitely not a swap to cut corners on.

Last edited by AMSMIKE2; 09-16-11 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-11, 02:38 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally forgot the isolators are part of the package, since there aren't any pics with them (pictures say 1000 words lol).
that definitely helps justify the costs, as you're paying for more than just a chunk of metal that's been carved up .
gl with the gb. If I were going LSx, I would definitely want this.
Old 09-16-11, 03:33 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

totally forgot the isolators are part of the package, since there aren't any pics with them (pictures say 1000 words lol).
that definitely helps justify the costs, as you're paying for more than just a chunk of metal that's been carved up .
gl with the gb. If I were going LSx, I would definitely want this.

tons of pictures and descriptions of isolators in my thread

scroll down through the entire thread for installed pictures

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...300-400-a.html

and the group buy.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ck-it-out.html
Old 09-21-11, 09:34 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Need more people interested to make this happen!
Old 09-22-11, 07:49 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Anyone remotely interested, get on the group buy before its too late!
Old 09-23-11, 02:09 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

I spoke too soon

After a long meeting today with a very close friend of mine that builds insane off-road trucks as a business. We sat down and discussed making the mounts out of Chromoly. It's very labor intensive and Chromoly is extremely strong and durable...but at last it is cheaper than billet aluminum and stronger.

working on pricing for these mounts and i will have some samples produced in 1-2 weeks.

again. Thanks for your comment, it made me look into this again! I'm all about saving people money in order to do this swap
Old 09-24-11, 10:47 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

updated original thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ck-it-out.html
Old 09-24-11, 12:54 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you guys dont like the price then by all means Put all the time, effort and money into developing your own mounts of this quality and see where you end up.

If i wasnt so involved with building my 1uzfe already this would have been the route i took

Quick Reply: GM LSx Engine Mounts for Lexus SC300 / SC400. Check It Out!