Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc300 fan blower stopped working!!

Old 08-15-11, 05:47 PM
JJAUTOWERK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc300 fan blower stopped working!!

It was working fine and when it stopped I gave it a couple hits and itll work fine but after a 2 weeks it completely stopped working. I searched around on here but couldnt find much for an sc300. Any ideas?
Old 08-15-11, 06:42 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which fan are u talking about? can we get a pic please?
Old 08-15-11, 07:16 PM
JJAUTOWERK
Driver School Candidate

For the climate control, like I hear the ac compressor turn on but no air from the vents whatsoever.
Old 02-17-12, 12:36 AM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem
Old 02-17-12, 11:23 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you hitting the switch or are you actually hitting the fan motor itself somehow? Where is the fan motor located?
Old 02-17-12, 11:24 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

If you are hitting the fan motor assembly then the brushes are probably shot and you should look at rebuilding or replacing it.
Old 02-17-12, 11:25 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

If you hit the dash in frustration or the climate control buttons and it worked for another two weeks then the problem is in the control unit.
Old 02-20-12, 10:43 AM
cameratoaa
Rookie

I just replaced the blower motor and fan in my Toyota Camry (virtually the same part), and from what I understand, The one in the SC is in the same location. Remove the passenger side, lower dash and it is up in there somewhere, near where the cabin air filter slot is.

Its a relatively simple job, but if you dont go aftermarket, the motor might end up spinning the wrong way after connecting it, to solve this you just cut the two wires, and put them back together but opposite. eg. if you have a blue wire and a black wire, cut them and connect blue to black/black to blue.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-12, 03:58 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

check your fuses! and check to make sure coins have not fallen into your cig lighter causing a short....
Old 02-26-14, 01:12 PM
sc2chainz
Driver School Candidate

so i am having this very same problem with my sc300 97 there was some foil that fell in and i think that ****ed burned something out, i have ordered a new fuse, and tried replacing it. after turning it back on nothing work still, all of the a/c buttons do no work, nothing lights up for it

what could else could it be? im not too experienced with a/c units, i've only assisted in my brothers installation of one
Old 03-02-14, 09:10 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sc2chainz
so i am having this very same problem with my sc300 97 there was some foil that fell in and i think that ****ed burned something out, i have ordered a new fuse, and tried replacing it. after turning it back on nothing work still, all of the a/c buttons do no work, nothing lights up for it

what could else could it be? im not too experienced with a/c units, i've only assisted in my brothers installation of one
your problem is a little different, your unit just isn't working. could have fried a power or ground wire or something. open the dash up and look behind it. the blower motor problem that everyone else is having i'm also a part of the same club. first check if your cig lighter works because the air and that are on the same relay. once you know that's fine, take the motor out, it's underneath the glove box, you have to take that one lid off, right above the passenger feet, then this little mount that holds 2 connectors, then there's 3 screws holding the motor in place. it's a real pain but with patience you'll get it out. once you have the motor out, check if it works with a 9 volt battery and some wires. just hook up the positive and negative through trial and error.

if the motor works then you're at the same spot i'm at, still trying to figure out why the motor won't spin but everything else is working. if the motor doesn't work then you have a fried motor and you can go ahead and buy a new one, unless you know how to rebuild it. hope this helps someone a bit.
Old 01-27-16, 03:12 PM
Guywithcar
Driver School Candidate

Default Blower Not Working

Did anyone on this forum ever figure out this problem? I am currently having the same difficulties with my 1991 LS400. My blower works when direct power is hooked up to it.

I have replaced the following
Resistor
Transistor
Climate Control Assembly
Old 02-10-21, 09:30 PM
DaveJzz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Guywithcar
Did anyone on this forum ever figure out this problem? I am currently having the same difficulties with my 1991 LS400. My blower works when direct power is hooked up to it.

I have replaced the following
Resistor
Transistor
Climate Control Assembly
I’m in the same boat. And at my wits end.
Old 02-12-21, 12:27 PM
Turbo82
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I got a blower motor on Rock Auto good psame symptoms

[QUOTE=JJAUTOWERK;6611242]It was working fine and when it stopped I gave it a couple hits and itll work fine but after a 2 weeks it completely stopped working. I searched around on here but couldnt find much for an sc300. Any
Old 02-12-21, 12:33 PM
Turbo82
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Blower motor

Originally Posted by JJAUTOWERK
It was working fine and when it stopped I gave it a couple hits and itll work fine but after a 2 weeks it completely stopped working. I searched around on here but couldnt find much for an sc300. Any ideas?
I had the same symptoms. Replaced the blower motor and it works great. Found the part on Rock Auto for a reasonable price . its a easy swap took about 30 min. Good luck!

The following 2 users liked this post by Turbo82:
DaveJzz30 (02-12-21), KahnBB6 (02-13-21)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sc300 fan blower stopped working!!