Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Power Steering Hose replacement.....$64.99 from Autozone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-12, 12:39 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my TT PS line from Rockauto, I think it was 60 or so. Have yet to put it on, don't have time right now.
Old 01-04-15, 07:44 PM
joliroger4
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an update to this thread. I purchased a Supra TT power steering High pressure hose Omega part number 30024. When I got the hose it also had part number 91862 on it as well as the Omega number. I also purchased the supra bolt and double crush washer for the rack side as I knew the Lexus bolt and double crush washer would be incorrect as per previous posts in this thread.

I took my hose out on Friday and was upset to see that the two hoses are rather different. I probably could of made the new hose fit on the car but the big problem was that the electric pressure switch boss(on the rack side banjo fitting) was not on the new hose, leaving me with no way to install the electric pressure switch on the car. This is probably why the banjo fitting is smaller and uses a different size bolt and double crush washer. Also the center hardline portion of the hose was shaped nothing like the oem Lexus one. Again, I think it would of bolted on the car, but I did not even try because of it missing the sensor boss.

I was lucky and it was still early enough for me to get to a hydraulic shop and have my old hose rebuilt as many others have done here on the forum. I would of preferred a factory type replacement hose, especially at the price of this omega hose, but that's not an option at what the dealership charges and what this car is worth to me. It would of been nice if the people who claimed this hose works would of been a little more forthcoming with the fitment information as I am sure they had to delete this sensor to make the replacement hose work. I was lucky I was able to return the omega hose and get to a hydraulic shop, same day to avoid downtime, but I still ate the cost of the supra banjo bolt and crush washer as well as went through the scramble of getting my daily up and running after the Supra TT hose didn't workout, basically turning 2 hours into an entire day.
Old 01-05-15, 05:43 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

buy it from advanced auto online, and use one of their coupons. they have 50% off ones allllll the time.
Old 01-05-15, 07:52 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joliroger4
This is an update to this thread. I purchased a Supra TT power steering High pressure hose Omega part number 30024. When I got the hose it also had part number 91862 on it as well as the Omega number. I also purchased the supra bolt and double crush washer for the rack side as I knew the Lexus bolt and double crush washer would be incorrect as per previous posts in this thread.

I took my hose out on Friday and was upset to see that the two hoses are rather different. I probably could of made the new hose fit on the car but the big problem was that the electric pressure switch boss(on the rack side banjo fitting) was not on the new hose, leaving me with no way to install the electric pressure switch on the car. This is probably why the banjo fitting is smaller and uses a different size bolt and double crush washer. Also the center hardline portion of the hose was shaped nothing like the oem Lexus one. Again, I think it would of bolted on the car, but I did not even try because of it missing the sensor boss.

I was lucky and it was still early enough for me to get to a hydraulic shop and have my old hose rebuilt as many others have done here on the forum. I would of preferred a factory type replacement hose, especially at the price of this omega hose, but that's not an option at what the dealership charges and what this car is worth to me. It would of been nice if the people who claimed this hose works would of been a little more forthcoming with the fitment information as I am sure they had to delete this sensor to make the replacement hose work. I was lucky I was able to return the omega hose and get to a hydraulic shop, same day to avoid downtime, but I still ate the cost of the supra banjo bolt and crush washer as well as went through the scramble of getting my daily up and running after the Supra TT hose didn't workout, basically turning 2 hours into an entire day.
Electrical pressure switch? What is this for and or o we actually need It? If not, will we pull a cel if not connected? I'm for one buying the supra ps hose if it works.
Old 02-16-15, 05:50 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Bumping this up. So one person says it works (MDSC)...another says a sensor gets deleted and that it "probably" would have bolted up(joliroger4). Is there a definitive answer to this? Or is this a trash thread?? Perhaps you could respond with some details of your experience @MDSC? Please elaborate on your findings or lack there of in this money saving "mod"?!?
Old 02-16-15, 07:28 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

wow....old thread popping up....as far as avoiding paying new oem prices on a Lexus SC power steering hose, the easiest and cheapest way is to find a indy car parts store (that farms out hydraulic line jobs) or a indy shop that makes them. Just ask around and/or google. I found a shop close to home to make up a perfect duplicate power steering line for my SC300 for $75. I just removed my power steering line, took it to their shop so they could use it as a pattern, and in 24hrs picked up a brand new one that was identical to the oem part. Couldn't have been easier. Plenty of shops making hydraulic lines, many people go this route to avoid oem prices. Hope this info helps.
Old 02-16-15, 07:42 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Bumping this up. So one person says it works (MDSC)...another says a sensor gets deleted and that it "probably" would have bolted up(joliroger4). Is there a definitive answer to this? Or is this a trash thread?? Perhaps you could respond with some details of your experience @MDSC? Please elaborate on your findings or lack there of in this money saving "mod"?!?
Both of them are right.

The line will bolt up (with 2 additional crush washers on the rack side), but the sensor gets eliminated, and the line isn't shaped the same way the stock line is, so there is some creative positioning involved, and the mounting brackets below the oil pan won't hold the line perfect.

I've been using the supra line for a few years now with no noticeable difference in steering with the missing sensor. It annoyed me at first that the sensor wasn't there, but eliminating the sensor was better than having the line leak, so I was ok with it.
Old 02-17-15, 11:01 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Thank you Blkexcoupe. Going to purchase this line, save some green, lose a sensor and a leak. Thank you again.
Old 05-04-15, 08:46 AM
sc3king
Driver School Candidate

Default ummm?

Same issue with the hose what will happen if I delete the electrical plug or put in place of the vacuum sensor and then have the vacuum sensor deleted someone come up with some info on this and mounting of the line does not seem to be hard as it would hook to the side unibody