Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What else is left to check? SC still "stuttering"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-14, 10:08 PM
1UZ92SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to point out this started out an SC400 problem. As I read, I noticed 300 experience as well.

Just got an SC4, car runs great. perfect emissions, actually better than perfect, only thing is about 35-40 mph at steady state driving, I can feel it kind of "stutter" or hesitate just barely the resume normal, then hesitate again and repeat until I either let off the gas or give it more.

This is bizarre to me. I have lots of Toyota/Lexus experience, all manual trans up to this point, this auto is new to me, along with all the wizardry with traction control and the ECT system. I have never felt/seen this issue in a car before. I don't believe this to be a TPS issue. if the tps was out of adjustment, there would be a lot more serious symptoms in all ranges of operation, not just one finicky spot. *although I will look at the ignition system a bit further tomorrow and delve into vacuum leaks....

I have not checked plugs yet, but the motor runs perfect, fires right up, good battery voltage, alternators good, oils good, filters good, trans just exchanged fluid for fresh and pan off filter.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the ECT/TRAC system, maybe in the computer, or physical part on the TB that's screwing with me. The thing of it is, is this problem isn't a show stopper by any means, its just an annoyance being who I am I find this hesitation/stutter weird.

Anybody have news, or anything magical happen since the last post? This is a difficult problem to thread search because how I would describe this is always different from anyone else.

Last edited by 1UZ92SC; 04-20-14 at 10:10 PM. Reason: afterthought