Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

blew the efi fuse agian,

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 07:45 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scottys209
Check engine light should only come on if the ecu has power.
i just relocated my harness, im sure i plugged everything back in right, the radio, climate control and everything else works, the engine still turns and sparks just no fuel is getting into the car
Old 04-29-11, 07:48 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chnk
i just relocated my harness, im sure i plugged everything back in right, the radio, climate control and everything else works, the engine still turns and sparks just no fuel is getting into the car
Is it still popping the ecu fuse?
Old 04-29-11, 07:51 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Is it still popping the ecu fuse?
its still popping the efi fuse it never popped the ecu fuse well i didnt check to see if i did ill double check, i cut and soldered new wires to parts of the wiring where my wires were showing

EDIT about a week after the fuse started blowing, i noticed my ground that comes out of the wire that connects the negative terminal of battery wasnt grounded, re grounded it and but problem is still there

Last edited by chnk; 04-29-11 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-29-11, 08:00 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chnk
its still popping the efi fuse it never popped the ecu fuse well i didnt check to see if i did ill double check, i cut and soldered new wires to parts of the wiring where my wires were showing
Haha, it's friday man, long week, I meant efi..... If you keep blowing the efi fuse you won't get fuel. I would start looking into an ecu just in case. I think the classifieds has a couple cheap, I would jump on one, can't hurt to have a spare.... BUT you need to find what's it causing your efi fuse to blow. Best thing to do would be to find all of the components that are powered by the efi circuit and check wiring to the all.
Old 04-29-11, 08:33 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, it's friday man, long week, I meant efi..... If you keep blowing the efi fuse you won't get fuel. I would start looking into an ecu just in case. I think the classifieds has a couple cheap, I would jump on one, can't hurt to have a spare.... BUT you need to find what's it causing your efi fuse to blow. Best thing to do would be to find all of the components that are powered by the efi circuit and check wiring to the all.
gonna have to waiting on a shop manual being mailed to me from another cl memeber
Old 04-30-11, 08:32 AM
bugjug
Driver

It goes to quite a few places. ECT solenoid, Engine and ECT ECU, Engine ECU, ISC Valve, Fuel Pump ECU, 3 different VSV (vacuum solenoid valves??), oxy sensor - sub (Calif), and EFI main relay.

You prob will need the FSM to track down all of these locations. If it is popping the fuse consistently on every key on, I'd start by unplugging the EFI main relay and the Fuel pump ECU and undoing the 12v mod. It may be the fuel pump itself. Could also be the oxy sensor - sub if you have a calif version car.
Old 04-14-16, 05:48 PM
Volume123
Driver

Originally Posted by bugjug
It goes to quite a few places. ECT solenoid, Engine and ECT ECU, Engine ECU, ISC Valve, Fuel Pump ECU, 3 different VSV (vacuum solenoid valves??), oxy sensor - sub (Calif), and EFI main relay.

You prob will need the FSM to track down all of these locations. If it is popping the fuse consistently on every key on, I'd start by unplugging the EFI main relay and the Fuel pump ECU and undoing the 12v mod. It may be the fuel pump itself. Could also be the oxy sensor - sub if you have a calif version car.
So I unplugged my efi relay and the fuse doesn't pop , what does that mean? Could it just be a bad relay? And if not the relay what else would this mean?
Old 04-14-16, 08:47 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you're about 5 years late on this thread, guy.

"it means you need to pump up the volume, dance dance."
Old 04-20-16, 12:59 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Volume123
So I unplugged my efi relay and the fuse doesn't pop , what does that mean? Could it just be a bad relay? And if not the relay what else would this mean?
I've seen your bumps on this problem in other threads. I don't have the answer for you, but I'm also having a similar problem except when my car bottoms out on speed bumps or if I jerk the car really hard and give it gas. EFI fuse blows, but it's intermittent.

I've thrown in the towel since I haven't been able to find any help here ,I've considered taking the car to an automotive electrical shop to hunt down the problem. My issue is... it doesn't happen constantly, and even when I think I fixed it, the problem comes back randomly. I've considered getting a new wiring harness to eliminate this possibility but I feel bad just guessing at this point...
Old 04-20-16, 02:18 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

inspect your battery terminals and cables etc... also where the negative bolts to the car. sounds like Deegee is describing an intermittent connection.