Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

O/D light intermitent blinking on my dash? wtf ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-11, 09:08 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it can be soooooo many different things... especially with you guys who are running swapped engines etc, and swapped ECU and swapped tranny etc...

my advice is look up diagnostics and use a paper clip to diagnose the problem via the diagnosis port..

often it can sometimes be a shift solenoid...

out fix for the problem was the ECU capacitors... but i've heard the USDM Sc300s have good capacitors unlike what i have..

fwiw - i have a JDM soarer so again - different ECU!!!! so this mainly applies to dudes running USDM SC's with 1jz swaps

Rowan
Old 05-17-11, 09:47 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by themisfit
did u ever find out what was wrong ?
nah, i'm still eating this.

i decided i'm just going to take my car to this local automotive electrical shop because they have a pretty good reputation for fixing cars with electrical gremlins.

i'll update this thread with their results, if they find anything worthy.
Old 11-13-11, 12:43 PM
laurenzo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OD light is blinking after a few minutes whiles driving ,car starts running sluggish and power lost , at a stop trying to acceleration is very slow to take off again does anyone has a clue on with can cause this problem, will there be a serious damage to my transmission and is there a quick fix ....thanks
Old 09-11-14, 12:02 PM
bdazzler
Rookie

Wish you would have updated this.....

Originally Posted by MIGS
nah, i'm still eating this.

i decided i'm just going to take my car to this local automotive electrical shop because they have a pretty good reputation for fixing cars with electrical gremlins.

i'll update this thread with their results, if they find anything worthy.
Old 09-14-14, 05:50 PM
ACCHRM
Driver School Candidate

I hope its not something bad. I have the same issue, when the O/D is on, its just blinking on the dash, BUT I have an Ecu for a manual(im running auto), and dont have fourth gear at all, I hope i havent lost it, thats my thought after someone said it might be a tranny issue. Im waiting for my new ecu to arrive, and I really hope it will fix the issue with not having fourth gear, and probably with my blinking o/d light. Will let you guys know if something changes.
Old 09-15-14, 10:37 AM
bdazzler
Rookie

Care to divulge where you ordered the ECU? Someone posted in these forums about this firm, Auto Computer Exchange, and I've spoken w/ a guy from the company. Haven't ordered one yet though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170525585962...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Do you have an issue with the cruise control not working as well???

Originally Posted by ACCHRM
I hope its not something bad. I have the same issue, when the O/D is on, its just blinking on the dash, BUT I have an Ecu for a manual(im running auto), and dont have fourth gear at all, I hope i havent lost it, thats my thought after someone said it might be a tranny issue. Im waiting for my new ecu to arrive, and I really hope it will fix the issue with not having fourth gear, and probably with my blinking o/d light. Will let you guys know if something changes.
Old 09-15-14, 08:30 PM
ACCHRM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bdazzler
Care to divulge where you ordered the ECU? Someone posted in these forums about this firm, Auto Computer Exchange, and I've spoken w/ a guy from the company. Haven't ordered one yet though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170525585962...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Do you have an issue with the cruise control not working as well???
I dont remember if I found it from someone here or the facebook page, someone messaged me, cause I wrote that I was looking for one. And I dont really know about the cruise control, havent tried it, Im mostly pissed off because of no 4th gear right now.
Old 09-24-14, 02:32 PM
bdazzler
Rookie

Default Problem Solved

I was able to, after changing the #1 speed sensor and transmission solenoids, fix my 1994 LS400, by switching out the ECM. Didn't wanna chance changing capacitors with my limited soldering experience and instead elected to get a rebuilt ECM from Auto Computer Exchange.

For anybody having same issue, error code 42 (speed sensor #1), tranny not going into overdrive (O/D light flashing) and no cruise control, you might wanna either try to change the ECM first and/or look at the thread (i'll post URL below) about problem with capacitors for older Lexus models! I read later, after changing mine , if your speedometer works then it's highly likely that the speed sensor is not failing. Why it gives the 42 error code is beyond me, probably the caps things.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...capacitor.html

Last edited by bdazzler; 09-24-14 at 02:35 PM.