ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   1995 Lexus Sc300 Coupe (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/559739-1995-lexus-sc300-coupe.html)

1995lexus 03-19-11 04:57 PM

1995 Lexus Sc300 Coupe

I seem to be having some kind of heater issue.

Without warning....it started having issues 2 days ago. I got in my car, let it warm up as usual, but the heat was blasting out cold air. I waited and waited...After almost an hour it began to slowly warm up.

However...yesterday the heat didn't get warm at all. To make matters worse when I switched from outside air to inside air...it made a funny zinging noise everytime I switched it to outside air.

I ended up having to take a family member to the ER yesterday which is about 1/2 an hour from my house and the heater didnt blow hot air even at max heating temperature on the way there or back.

When we got home I turned off the car and got my family member situated and got ready to go down to our local grocery store. I went out and started up my car and it began making weird noises...(heater) The zinging noise when I started her up was there from the heater. Also, the middle of the display unit for the heater/ac began turning dark in the center of the strip.

Then when I hit my break to switch into gear, the brake clicked and the overhead lights flickered when I did that.

Still no heat!

Today I went out to start the car again, after checking all the fuses beneath the hood...which looked fine. The display no longer had the black in the middle, but there was still no heat and it still made zinging noises when I switched it into outside air supply....

I cant figure out what is wrong...... No emergency lights are coming on. All liquids that are visible are full. My phone charging unit works fine. The A/C works fine. The radio works fine. The power windows work fine. There was no warning of any kind. It doesnt seem to be leaking anything. I am at a loss...

Can anyone help?

MrBrock 03-19-11 08:17 PM

You'll probably need to bypass the heater control valve under the hood. There's a how-to on here if you search. Replacement of that valve would be ideal, but it's expensive. I bypassed mine for the winter.

1995lexus 03-20-11 10:20 AM

Well...I'd rather not go the cheap way out. I know that in the long run I'll just have to pay that much more.

I've been researching and the nearest place to my home is Schucks O'reilly auto parts or Napa auto parts...but neither seems to carry the replacement part.

Quadan1 03-09-16 03:36 PM

1995 lexus sc300

Originally Posted by MrBrock (Post 6238325)
You'll probably need to bypass the heater control valve under the hood. There's a how-to on here if you search. Replacement of that valve would be ideal, but it's expensive. I bypassed mine for the winter.

I have a Lexus sc300, it cranks over fine. The timing marks are accurate, getting spark and fuel pump is working what could be the issue for not starting? Possibly crank position sensor?