Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Auto to Manual guys got a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 06:34 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Auto to Manual guys got a question

Wassup CL im just passing by on the good ol forum to ask a some questions. Now ive completed my w58 swap on my 92sc300 a couple months back now. I have the stock auto diff still in and yes i know its has the higher diff numbers from the 5speed diff(s). But im just kinda timid because the sc doesnt seem like it has that umph to it
please tell me its because of the damn auto diff and nothing else

Now i know i know ITS A NOOB *** QUESTION and couple of guys are gonna tell me to search this search that but HEY!!! i want an actual response from a responding HUMAN
Old 04-16-11, 10:57 AM
skipjagger
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a 92 sc300 also i did the auto to w58 swap. the gear ratio is diferent between the trannies so at 60 mph im at a higher rpm than with the auto aka it accelerates HARDER than when i had the auto in it im assuming you ave the same rear as me so your problem most likely isnt in the diff
Old 04-16-11, 07:10 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kez Wassup CL im just passing by on the good ol forum to ask a some questions. Now ive completed my w58 swap on my 92sc300 a couple months back now. I have the stock auto diff still in and yes i know its has the higher diff numbers from the 5speed diff(s). But im just kinda timid because the sc doesnt seem like it has that umph to it
please tell me its because of the damn auto diff and nothing else

Now i know i know ITS A NOOB *** QUESTION and couple of guys are gonna tell me to search this search that but HEY!!! i want an actual response from a responding HUMAN
So your saying you completed the swap and its slower? If anything your acceleration should be a little quicker and your top end speed will drop a bit.. is your clutch slipping lol