Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Last nites Seafoam experience on my 1JZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 09:33 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last nites Seafoam experience on my 1JZ

So last nite a friend and I went threw doing the seafoam process on my stock 1JZ swap. I was very curious if the internals had a lot of carbon build up or not. Well it must have because there was an awful amount of smoke. Way more than my sc400 ever had. I took video of it for your pleasure. It was from my iphone so it is small videos.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQWrxXbx3M&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QW0UP5lVAM&hd=1

You might here my son after a minute about how making the smoke cloud is cool..

Anyway, It seems like the engine sounds quieter and a little smoother. Hopefully the gas mileage goes up from here. Either way atleast it is a little cleaner on the inside of the engine.
Old 01-20-11, 10:14 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

lol! it got everywhere
Old 01-20-11, 10:22 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadu
lol! it got everywhere
Yeah, I had to shut the windows and keep it from filling the cabin. Plus, my son would have been breathing it in too and thats not good.

I did this in front of Thundercloud subs where my friend works. Lol! Made it look like the build had a fire.
Old 01-20-11, 10:25 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

That how seaform works, it looks like u got a really old beat up car when the smoke comes out. Kinda embarrassing cause I drove onto the public road and ppl were looking at me crazy.
Old 01-20-11, 11:24 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by horent135
That how seaform works, it looks like u got a really old beat up car when the smoke comes out. Kinda embarrassing cause I drove onto the public road and ppl were looking at me crazy.
I am never embarassed about it. I am just in awe of the amount of smoke from most cars that have this done to them. It is freakin crazy. It smells bad too.
Old 01-20-11, 11:50 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha very nice, did you add this to your oil too or just the gas? Also how much did you add and how long does it take for the smoke to completely be gone?
Old 01-20-11, 12:01 PM
JohnMatt
Pole Position

Supposed to only use half a can in the combustion chamber and the other half in the crankcase. Did this to my SC when I got it. Get some nasty black oil when you add it to the crankcase though. I do this to every vehicle I get. I let my car idle for 5-10 min then haul *** up the road to burn everything out instead of revving the engine takes alot less time that way
Old 01-20-11, 12:10 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I split my seaform can into thirds, 1/3 goes to gas, 1/3 goes to the engine, 1/3 goes to the intake.
Old 01-20-11, 12:21 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

i did 1/2 in tank and 1/2 in combustion chamber. I don't do the oil with seafoam. I drove it like a bat out of hell after I revved it for a bit. I really don't have a reason for why I did it this way or why anyone else should. I just know it worked and I have never had problems with this process. It always has yielded me good results.
Old 01-20-11, 12:59 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Did you wait for your tank to be close to empty? Id like to try this when its time to change my oil.
Old 01-20-11, 02:04 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Did you wait for your tank to be close to empty? Id like to try this when its time to change my oil.
I had about a 1/4 tank left over. I really wouldnt do an oil change with it unless you intend on changing it multiple times. I have only read that even when changing oil when you first change it there is still some left in the engine. Which seems to be a problem or causes some adverse effects. I have never tried it for an oil change an I don't feel comfortable with it. Just my view on it.
Old 01-20-11, 04:56 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

So half a can in the intake system and half in the tank? If i was to have 1/2 tank left, would i have smoke throughout the whole 1/2 tank i have left?
Old 01-20-11, 05:02 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
So half a can in the intake system and half in the tank? If i was to have 1/2 tank left, would i have smoke throughout the whole 1/2 tank i have left?
No not that I know of. It really just helps clean the fuel system out and thats it. So you shouldn't have smoke from the gas and seafoam in the tank. If I where you I would search the forums on what people do and what there process is.
Old 01-21-11, 06:21 AM
JohnMatt
Pole Position

It won't smoke if you put it in the tank and you don't pour it directly into the intake you pull the line off the brake booster or in our case you can pull the line off the intake to the valve cover and pour it in slowly. If you pour in too much at once it'll flood the cylinder and the car will die. Go slowly until the last bit then pour it in there quickly to kill the engine or shut it off quickly and let it sit for a while. Then let it idle for several minutes and take off up the road preferably WOT to burn everything out
Old 01-21-11, 06:23 AM
JohnMatt
Pole Position

Also I've never had any adverse affects from seafoming the oil and not rinsing multiple times and I've done it to several vehicles

Quick Reply: Last nites Seafoam experience on my 1JZ