Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The SC swap Consultation FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 07:30 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
It wasn't until you brought it up. The 1uz is downplayed because almost everyone is too lazy to do anything cool with it. With the amount of money people dump into the 2jz, a severely badass 1uz, like the one in the insane Ultima GTR below(1000HP and 1000 meters in 19 seconds @ 211mph), could be built as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44
Originally Posted by account2x
Put 700HP on any engine and you will be happy to have it last even 50,000 miles without a rebuild. .... the 1000-3000 mile spark plug & oil changes
Please reread that ^

Anyone can build a 1000HP car with enough money. A high powered car in general to be accurate. Alas this means nothing in the real world. Reliability is the name of the game.
Old 02-25-11, 08:58 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Too much ignorance on these forums... Narrow-minded folks.

Ignorance is bliss. Nut swingers unite...
Old 02-25-11, 09:28 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

In the name of full disclose RedPhoenix can you state the amount of money you have spent on engine and transmission modifications over the last 5 years and what you have to show for it?
Old 02-25-11, 09:39 PM
nlc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where's the orville redenbacher when you need it...
Old 02-25-11, 09:39 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

$1800 for a manual swap and exhaust... 230whp/250wtq.... thats it.

My 1uz Supra... Probably less than $2500 for making a turbo setup... shooting for 500whp to start with.

What does this have to do with anything? If you bring price into this you are nuts... you can spend so little and get so much... or spend a **** ton and get nothing.
Old 02-25-11, 09:45 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I skimmed through this thread, and it hit me...this is one of 30+ threads about the SAME topic, most of which were locked due to the "vs.", blind arguments, and ego's...

Bottom line is everyone is going to have their opinions, not all builds are going to cost the same, and every engine is different..arguing about them, or stating one engine is better than the other, or one is cheaper or more expensive to build is a merry-go-round full of endless, and pointless conversation.

I am in FULL agreement with RedPhoenix on this one, and hope that for sake of the forums, and the SC chassis, that this thread and any like it to follow get locked. Those of you arguing about what I stated above about engines, you are the sole reason the SC chassis is becoming the next 240sx and filling the forums with incorrect information, and useless arguing making the CL community go down...think about it.

all respect intended.
Old 02-25-11, 09:48 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

I do not know if you have noticed but I am staunchly against 1JZ swaps even so 1800 will buy a 1JZ/R154 set.

I believe a member named OneJay showed that his 1JZ swap dynod to 280rwhp with an exhaust.

What I am getting to is bang for your buck you have got less. Less HP, weaker transmission. No one is forgetting the 1UZ because their is nothing to speak off.
Old 02-25-11, 10:00 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

1800 can get a 1uz to 400whp easily.
1800 can do an r154 swap easily.
1800 can get you a 1jz swap....

All are options, there is not JUST ONE OPTION. Its not 1jz this, 1jz that. Its a good proven motor, we got that. 1uz has more torque period. The only saving grace on a 1jz is boost... boost a 1uz and pound for pound it will pull more torque and be faster overall. You cannot argue with displacement man.

it is all apples to oranges ... give it up, biased mindsets don't help forums, they ruin them. Like I said before... Narrow minds and ignorance is bliss.

/end thread, another one flushed in the porcelain god.
Old 02-25-11, 10:08 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

I don't believe you can do 400rwhp HP reliability for 1800 on a 1UZ-FE. I guarantee you if the engine doesn't break from not having forged internals the transmission will.
Old 02-25-11, 10:17 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

I am done dude. You win. 1jzgte for the elitists and 1uzfe is for the posers.
Old 02-25-11, 10:32 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why some of you are saying that 1UZ wouldn't be able to make reliable power, the 6 bolt mains of the 1UZ sure does sound enticing to me.

That's all I've got to say about this subject. This will be my one and only post in this thread.
Old 02-25-11, 10:39 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

I don't like the 1JZ-GTE. I think it is a downgrade from a 2JZ. That is what I was originally saying in this thread. But all those posts got deleted. Still the 1UZ is even worse. I have seen those australian members trying to supercharge them and getting only 90hp gains before stuff breaks.
Old 02-26-11, 06:48 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh hi there.

Account2x, thanks for posting where you live. Now I know without a doubt you are a know it all College kid. From now on, everything you say is a joke.

Inexperience FTW!

3000 mile oil changes? This is day one stuff bud. 4 Year olds know when to change oil.

Oh and screw the $400k 1uz. It's a V8.

If I, or you wanted a v8 go buy a Mustang..

You don't *Swap a v8 cause it's already in there. "Swap" FAQ.

Can't get 220whp out of a N/A 3liter inline 6?

You've obviously never tuned anything except an AFC, huh?

Well thanks for making this a huge slinging match people.

I try to do something that doesn't make everyone here not look like a stupid ricer to everyone, and here we are with all the "Professionalism", and "Experience".

Thanks. Cool..
Old 02-26-11, 08:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys please be respectful.
Moderator's request was posted in this thread

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
...or FAB (frequently answered bull****)
ignored moderator request

Originally Posted by account2x
That is what I was originally saying in this thread. But all those posts got deleted.
You are entirely incorrect. The only post you made that was deleted was an insult; here is what it said:

I realize my post count is lower then spoolxexo but seriously This thread has so much fail it can not even be described. Pity those who actually need the information will be misguided and become the next spoolxexo spitting out the same text-book nonsense.
account 2x, you're bringing a lot of conflict into threads lately. Knock it off or take a break from the forums.... If you disagree with someone, we need you to post politely and maturely please. If you can't do that then do not post at all.

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Oh hi there.

Account2x, thanks for posting where you live. Now I know without a doubt you are a know it all College kid. From now on, everything you say is a joke.

Inexperience FTW!

I try to do something that doesn't make everyone here not look like a stupid ricer to everyone, and here we are with all the "Professionalism", and "Experience".
OP, appreciate your attempt but you too are ignoring the moderator request by making this personal and posting insults. There are dozens of posts discussing exactly the same pros and cons like this one and they're not done by 'ricers' either .... they're made by folks with years and years of experience with these cars and motors. Because you disagree is not a reason to insult.

Folks,
Not everyone shares the same perspective on motor choice and obviously not everyone is going to agree on this topic. But we are going to ask you to respect the community rules and disagree politely and maturely.