Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-ge turbo header wont fit big turbo fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 03:56 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
4runner cap will get you pretty close to clearing most turbos with a 4" pipe. depends on the manifold really, the ebay ones are pointed more towards the distributor than the good after market ones.
Good aftermarket as in Boostlogic kit? Or something cheaper like driftmotion / xspower will clear with the smaller cap?

I'm interested in doing a 6765, or possibly a billet 71, would this spacer be necessary with the smaller dist cap?

I guess if you had COP this really would be an issue, the spacer is to provide better clearance of the distributor more so than clearing anything manifold/compressor housing wise?

Looks like a FFIM is necessary to run this spacer as well since the turbo hotside is now way to high for the NA intake.
Old 12-31-10, 06:06 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Good aftermarket as in Boostlogic kit? Or something cheaper like driftmotion / xspower will clear with the smaller cap?

I'm interested in doing a 6765, or possibly a billet 71, would this spacer be necessary with the smaller dist cap?

I guess if you had COP this really would be an issue, the spacer is to provide better clearance of the distributor more so than clearing anything manifold/compressor housing wise?

Looks like a FFIM is necessary to run this spacer as well since the turbo hotside is now way to high for the NA intake.
Hit me up i can do the some magic
Old 12-31-10, 06:06 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Boostlogic will clear after $800 lol but with the boostlogic you can clear up to 76mm Turbo.

You can buy an Ebay manifold if you are standalone you can deleted the Distributor and run whatever Size turbo you want.

With the spacer it will raise the Exh housing and it will touch the TB and yes you will need a FFIM.
Old 12-31-10, 02:10 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

there is one knockoff thats supossed to clear a little better, i think its the more expensive one on ebay. ideally just delete the distributor and run coils, or use a 4runner cap if youre not on standalone or gte ecu that can run coils.
Old 01-01-11, 08:55 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how much do you think a cop set up would end up costing?? it would be kinda nice to get rid of the dist anyways
Old 02-28-11, 03:09 AM
PartingOut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got any of these forsale? ill buy one now! i have a GT45 and a xspower manifold
Old 03-03-11, 10:39 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

no i dont have any made up, milling out the flanges destroyed my endmill i kinda figured it would hurt it. im looking for stainless flanges pree made and if like 5 or ten people want these i can get them laser cut. i have a jig all made up for it. keep in mind if you are keeping the stock intake it may not fit once i get the car back in the garage (aka when the damn snow melts) ill slap on the old intake and see how close it is. i really made the spacer to be able to get the turbo on and off easy and move the turbo away from the header and the dist. have you tried fitting your turbo on the car yet?

oh i did find mild steel flanges for like 20 or so bux each (needs 2) i can make you one out of mild steel if you like. (most likely the flanges on your header are mild steel anyways check it with a magnet)

if you know of anywhere that sells them any cheeper or find some stainless ones please let me know.

Last edited by skipjagger; 03-03-11 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-03-11, 10:58 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

scratch that just found some... ebay lol what do you know! there like 11 bux each maybe they will ship more than one for 5.50$ then it may be worth it to make these i was hoping to make em for 50 bux or less if you search " T4 Divided Turbo Manifold Inlet FLANGE Stainless F5 " on ebay they should come up i made mine not devided since my turbo isnt devided anyways
Old 03-03-11, 11:58 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i just cut my flange off and re welded it on at a dif angle, worked fine and was free
Old 03-04-11, 12:00 AM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

Old 03-04-11, 06:06 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 second google search

http://www.vecco.com/products.php?sub_cat_id=13
Old 03-04-11, 07:57 AM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

You can fit a bigger turbo with the ebay manifold as long as you get the 4 runner dist cap. I had one on my na-t and it was fine..
Old 03-04-11, 09:27 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

nice work, free is good!! can you do me a favor and take a pic of the inside of the flange looking down from where the turbo sits? i was going to try that but my header is split and i kinda figured it would be a pain in the *** to weld/ get the seperator in the center of the flange to fit nicely. did you have any trouble with that?
Old 03-04-11, 09:30 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Originally Posted by 100mgbluep
You can fit a bigger turbo with the ebay manifold as long as you get the 4 runner dist cap. I had one on my na-t and it was fine..
y so many periods?
Old 03-04-11, 09:39 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Originally Posted by Klaus
ahhh thank you!!! google hates me i searched that for like 2 hrs b4 i made this!! haha!

you wouldnt happen to have seen aluminum intake flanges for the na head have you? b4 i spend any more time messin around with the one a started.

my next step is get/ make an intake manifold. i dont want one of thoes dumb lookin ones that are made for a gte lower intake manifold but instead welded to a ge lower intake manifold i think they look goonie and the other ones i have found seem to be expensive!!

Quick Reply: 2jz-ge turbo header wont fit big turbo fix