Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel + Electrical problems

Old 11-06-10, 01:35 PM
Bakonresin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel + Electrical problems

Hi im new to this place. I was handed down a 92 sc300 by my uncle because hes not very good with cars and dosen't want to drop any money into it.

Ok the car is all stock, but when he gave it to me it wouldn't pass emissions and killed the battery. Now Ive purchased a new battery, replaced spark plugs and wires, had the distributor checked. Plug number 6 had alot of carbon build up compaired to the other plugs. Ok after an few hours of putting it back together the exhaust still smells rich.

Ok the car will not lose a battery charge if left for days without turning on, however if i even put the keys in the ignition just to listen to the radio (aftermarket). I dont turn the engine on but within a matter of 10-15 minutes i can expect a dead battery. There is no subs, amps just a aftermarket stereo with hd tuner+ antena
Also I hear a sound like preasure building up on the injector/rail under the manifold. I didnt check the injectors because i belived it was the plugs but now im courious. The hissing sound can only be heard with the keys in the ignition, but the engine isn't cranked.

When i drove it, the car drove smooth and operating temp stayed in the center, there is no check engine light either, but i have no problem running the vehicle on the road.

Now ive never worked on a Toyota or Lexus (any Japense car for that matter) so this is new to me, if someone could please give some advice on what to check and were there located (i have yet to find a repair manual available).

Edit: I don't belive its a blown head gasket (after dealing with 2 of them before) Ive checked coolant and preasure.

Last edited by Bakonresin; 11-06-10 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-06-10, 05:58 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakonresin

... (i have yet to find a repair manual available).
Welcome to Club Lexus

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ir-manual.html