Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC's down again.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 10:43 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SC's down again.....

got a vid up so you guys can get an idea of wtf is going on with my sc.

so this problem started right after i got my clutch installed. i just recently changed the sparkplugs and its gotten a bit better...i think.

starts up fast on the 1st crank of the day but then idles low and gives a bog when pressing in the throttle. sometimes it gives a hassle to turn on it just clicks away a few times then decides to turn on but doesnt run how its suppose to.

im thinking its a computer problem, maybe the alarm i have is causing this trouble...ever since ive gotten it , its just been problems...or maybe the fuel filter is in for a change or maybe it needs a tune.

what do u think CL,
its incredible how this is going i finally get the clutch and i cant even break it in properly

Last edited by SOLEdier; 10-12-10 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-12-10, 10:49 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, thats one messed up sc. lol uhh problems, first that thing sounds like crap! What kind of plugs are you using, it definetly sounds like it a ignition problem, fuel seems fine since you were able to rev it so high, is you IACV messed? vaccume lines messed? tps might no wanting to read at that low of rpms... do you have a volt meter. Could be anonymous
Old 10-12-10, 11:20 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Try checking for codes by jumping the diagnostics box in the engine bay. I believe its e11 and te1.
Old 10-12-10, 11:36 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by 1siksc
wow, thats one messed up sc. lol uhh problems, first that thing sounds like crap! What kind of plugs are you using, it definetly sounds like it a ignition problem, fuel seems fine since you were able to rev it so high, is you IACV messed? vaccume lines messed? tps might no wanting to read at that low of rpms... do you have a volt meter. Could be anonymous
lol it sounds like that cause the of the belts after a while it will sound normal but just have the reving up problem. i used ngk the ones that come in the goldish box cost 2.99. the car isnt throwing any codes out at me... do u think it could be an ecu prob...
Old 10-12-10, 11:57 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Have you checked to make sure everything has been tightened? The components around the tb when you replaced the plugs. That is only if you have a sc300 as ive never messed with a 400. My car never died after reving it like that. Try getting codes. My 2jzgte swap isnt giving me any codes, but when i jump the diagnostics it gives me code 47 which is my trac control but im not using it so i can ignore it. All im saying is just try it only takes a minute.
Old 10-12-10, 09:12 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Have you checked to make sure everything has been tightened? The components around the tb when you replaced the plugs. That is only if you have a sc300 as ive never messed with a 400. My car never died after reving it like that. Try getting codes. My 2jzgte swap isnt giving me any codes, but when i jump the diagnostics it gives me code 47 which is my trac control but im not using it so i can ignore it. All im saying is just try it only takes a minute.
i have a 1.5jz in it do u think the sparks plugs could have something to do with this?
you said something about the ignition right? when i 1st got the alarm installed the ig2 relay went if i remember correctly i think that was the relay for the ignition i think, ever since the alarm ive had electrical problems... do u think that could probably be part of it 2....maybe the relay is messing up again..
Old 10-13-10, 01:56 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

when you changed your clutch did you drop the trans or did you pull the engine?
P.S. I hate alarms, i would never install and alarm to the car that woud mess with starting the car, alarms are such a mess of wires. Usually for safety you can get an alarm and install it to the doors and trunk if something were to break or get broken into, but for ignition i would install a switch that doesn't give the starter relay power, a fuel pump switch, or battery cut off switch

Last edited by 1siksc; 10-13-10 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-13-10, 10:49 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

pulled the tranny off.
im currently trying to get the alarm off and just ride with a kill switch and a quickrelease w/ hub lock. im hoping this will solve the problem.

i was looking into the hks dli 2, besides adding a bit of hp and throttle response do you think it will also help the car mechanically...
Old 10-13-10, 11:19 AM
Cletus
Rookie

I was having minor issues with sputtering right of the throttle with my 1j. bought a hks dli hoping it would give me better throttle response, it didnt do ***** for the sputter or bottom end that was noticeable. definitely helped the spark at top end tho. I have had good luck with NGK Platinum Spark Plug 7088 when i was stock @ .026 gap, thats for a 1j. Did you gap your plugs?
Old 10-13-10, 11:22 AM
keesimo
Rookie

Sounded exactly like my car before i changed the ECU.
Old 10-13-10, 12:31 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by Cletus
I was having minor issues with sputtering right of the throttle with my 1j. bought a hks dli hoping it would give me better throttle response, it didnt do ***** for the sputter or bottom end that was noticeable. definitely helped the spark at top end tho. I have had good luck with NGK Platinum Spark Plug 7088 when i was stock @ .026 gap, thats for a 1j. Did you gap your plugs?
no i didnt gap them...do you know if autozone can do it...

Originally Posted by keesimo
Sounded exactly like my car before i changed the ECU.
im thinking its something to do with the computer, when the ac would work the idle would drop low to stalling point or just stall, i had mechanic say that the computer takes a while to start...im thinking removing the alarm will helpout hopefully
Old 10-13-10, 02:04 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

I was reading on supra forums some guys spliced his alarm on his ecu power wire and it friend his ecu map, so def try to borrow another ECU.
Old 10-13-10, 02:26 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by 1siksc
I was reading on supra forums some guys spliced his alarm on his ecu power wire and it friend his ecu map, so def try to borrow another ECU.
wow thats going to be close 2 impossible and thats bad if this is happening to my sc, another ecu will probably be needed if that is the case. ima get under and see if i see any splicing
Old 10-13-10, 03:07 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

I had the EXACT same issue. It turns out my ignition coil to dizzy cap (even though clicked in) wasn't in there all the way.

Check it. I went through hell that day to trying to diagnose my problem. Also check the mass air flow sensor to make sure it's plugged in and not loose.
Old 10-13-10, 04:46 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

Originally Posted by TechGreek
I had the EXACT same issue. It turns out my ignition coil to dizzy cap (even though clicked in) wasn't in there all the way.

Check it. I went through hell that day to trying to diagnose my problem. Also check the mass air flow sensor to make sure it's plugged in and not loose.
we might be getting somewhere lol ima look into this 1st thing in the morning thanks....so i just make sure its in there all the way then

Quick Reply: SC's down again.....