Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

where to find? SC400 upgraded ECU or ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10, 10:14 AM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to find? SC400 upgraded ECU or ECU upgrade

It seems like its about time i have to change ECU its started to around 1500 rpm on a cold start, occasionally when its cold white smoke and fumes are heavy. So i figured since i should change it out i might as well upgrade, but I've been having alot of trouble finding ECU upgrades for my SC400 i've been looking through alot of forums but most of the companies like lexpros and lexussc400.com dont seem to be around anymore and i dont think Weapon R carries them anymore, but does anyone have any idea where i can get an ECU upgraded or purchase one upgraded already from?

I also have another question could it be possible the wrong ecu is in the car? i purchase ACleanSC but i purchased it from Patrick who said he had another motor and tranny in the car. the car is a 92 but the engine 97, the car will bog down at WOT when it gets to 4k and if your put it in low gear it gets up to 4.5k WOT. Patrick originally said it was throwing knock sensor codes but from what ive been reading up on it sounds like more of an ECU issue

any help is appreciated
Old 08-26-10, 11:21 AM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the issues just start happening or has it done it ever since you've had it?
Has your car been modded? If not, there's no need to have a modded ECU.
Old 08-26-10, 08:14 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

its been like that since ive owned the car, the only mod it has is exhaust, i was going to do the BFI intake, an aftermarket converter and an ECU upgrade, but yea its been having that issue i just couldnt figure out what it was kept thinking it was the knock sensor based off what the previous owner said but from reading a couple of forums it sounds like the ECU is the actual problem
Old 08-26-10, 11:57 PM
TheBosSC4
Driver

I looked at this car, I dont think you can do anything to fix it. Its because the car is an obd1 and the engine in it is a 97-obd2. Meaning the whole car would have to be re wired. It is definately not a knock sensor issue. I would take it it someone and have them look it over that knows a lot about lexus/toyota.
Old 08-27-10, 04:04 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheBosSC4
I looked at this car, I dont think you can do anything to fix it. Its because the car is an obd1 and the engine in it is a 97-obd2. Meaning the whole car would have to be re wired. It is definately not a knock sensor issue. I would take it it someone and have them look it over that knows a lot about lexus/toyota.
Wow i guess its really more than i expected in that case, I also heard someone tell me something similar to what your saying, he said he brought the car to a reputable shop to get the swap done but it didnt seem like it, there are quite a few things not plugged in or all over the place, the car overall runs pretty good except the fact you cant really punch it because when it gets to 4k it acts like your hitting a rev limiter and sometimes when you put it in drive it goes in smooth then sometimes it kind of goes in hard but only in drive, then sometimes it feels fast and sometimes it feels sluggish because it doesnt seem like it kicks down into low gear sometimes