Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IMF headers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-10, 03:24 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neucorp
Do you still have 2 sets left? Price still $499? I just emailed you not realizing that there was a group buy in progress. LMK.
Nick
E-mailed you back! There are still two sets left and the deal ends tomorrow.
Old 08-22-10, 03:25 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Meanshyguy
I'd like to get these in a couple of months.
I dont know if i'll have any specials then but contact me when you are ready.
Old 08-23-10, 01:42 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Updated list!

List

1. Paul - paid - shipped
2. Tacomonkey - paid - shipped
3. surreal - paid - shipped
4. Nick - paid - shipping today

Only 1 set left at $499.00!
Old 08-23-10, 09:00 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Updated list!

List

1. Paul - paid - shipped
2. Tacomonkey - paid - shipped
3. surreal - paid - shipped
4. Nick - paid - shipping today
5. Mysexylex - paid - shipping 8/24

There are a few more of you who are interested so i will extend the group buy until Friday the 27th.

All 5 sets for $499 have been sold however i'll offer an additional 2 at this price. After the next two are sold, price goes up to $599 until Friday and then it goes back up to $799.

Keep in mind this is the only group buy i posted this year, dont expect another one anytime soon. LAST CHANCE!
Old 08-24-10, 09:39 AM
tacomonkey
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got mine today!

Old 08-24-10, 11:25 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats TacoMonkey. You are really moving forward on your 400. You gotta get those put on & come to our local meet.
Old 08-25-10, 01:59 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

The sets now come with manifold gaskets? When I got mine in December it only came with the gaskets for the flanges. People do yourself a favor and get better gaskets from the start. Within 1 week my passenger side flange gasket split open and needed to be replaced. The driver side went a few months later.

So far so good as far as the headers go though
Old 08-25-10, 03:02 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

if these where direct bolt ons for the 98 i would be all over em'
Old 08-25-10, 03:45 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Durrby
The sets now come with manifold gaskets? When I got mine in December it only came with the gaskets for the flanges. People do yourself a favor and get better gaskets from the start. Within 1 week my passenger side flange gasket split open and needed to be replaced. The driver side went a few months later.

So far so good as far as the headers go though
Originally the headers came with the manifolds gaskets as well but they were not high quality enough for my standards so i took them out from all the boxes. The next batch of headers i had made i discontinue those gaskets but i got some of them still got in there by accident.

Dont use these gaskets, either reuse the stock ones or get a new set from Lexus.

Manifold gaskets were never supposed to be included, it was a manufacturing error.
Old 08-25-10, 03:49 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
if these where direct bolt ons for the 98 i would be all over em'
They are close enough, the minor modification that needs to be done to one side the the stock y-pipe flange is as minimal as it gets. If a shop is installing the headers, you would never know there was anything that needed to be modified.
Old 08-25-10, 07:00 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone expressed interest in developing turbo manifolds? I've seen the craftsmanship on your headers and would love to see a readily available manifold for people who want to turbo the 400's
Old 08-25-10, 07:15 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Anyone expressed interest in developing turbo manifolds? I've seen the craftsmanship on your headers and would love to see a readily available manifold for people who want to turbo the 400's
I would love to make some but i dont think there would be enough interest for the price i will be able to offer them for.

It would have to be a limited production as i dont think i will be able to sell many of them, at least not in a fast enough pace. I would have to charge around $900-1,000 for a set. So far in the last year you are the 2nd person to ask me about it so i dont know how much real interest and actual buyers i can find for this product at around the $1k price range.
Old 08-25-10, 07:49 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IMF
They are close enough, the minor modification that needs to be done to one side the the stock y-pipe flange is as minimal as it gets. If a shop is installing the headers, you would never know there was anything that needed to be modified.
thanks for the info!
Old 08-25-10, 08:28 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IMF
Except for the fact that you have to buy new cats & relocate them. Your work looks really good. You could make these direct bolt on, to fit the stock cats & beat PPE Engineering to the punch. But starting over from almost scratch sucks.
Old 08-25-10, 09:38 PM
IMF
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Except for the fact that you have to buy new cats & relocate them. Your work looks really good. You could make these direct bolt on, to fit the stock cats & beat PPE Engineering to the punch. But starting over from almost scratch sucks.

These are direct bolt on to the 92-95 models and minor modifications to the others.

I cant make 5 different version (yes, 5!) of the same product. There aren't enough customers for each version. It just doesn't make any business sense.

As for the cats, these headers are meant to remove the two pre-cats, it is not a design flaw. You still retain the main cat. You dont need to buy new cats unless you want to. The headers do bolt on to the stock y-pipe, you dont need to extend any piping of any sort.

Quick Reply: IMF headers...