Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ge alternator and starter on 2jzgte?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 09:11 AM

Default ge alternator and starter on 2jzgte?

I recently just purchased a 2jzgte aristo harness already hybrid harness that came off a working sc. i plug up everything but the alternator and starter has a different plug does not fit the aristo alt and starter.

1 - alternator - on the hybrid harness the plug is circle and black but the gte aristo alternator is a oval grey plug. can the ge alternator work on the 2gte? im not so sure but i think ge alternator was circle also so i was thinking may be the last owner of the harness used a ge alternator. i cant verify this because i cant find my stock ge alternator.

can i use a ge alternator? or do i use the aristo alternator and just cut the circle black plug from the working harness and re wire it to the aristo oval grey plug?

2- can i use the stock auto ge starter on the gte? there is no plug on the wire but its the only single wire left so I'm almost sure its the starter wire. the problem is there is no plug on it it just has one of those cheap wire connectors you can buy @ peps boy or kragen... it does not seem to fit on the aristo starter but it fits the ge starter perfect.

the wires fit all the ge stuff so it should answer my own questions but just making sure....
Old 07-27-10, 08:41 AM

help please......
Old 07-27-10, 11:06 AM
qksl2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can use both. The GTE alternator is higher amperage, though, so you may want to consider that.

Ian