Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Steering Rack Fitting Size?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-10, 06:58 AM
turbohye
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Rack Fitting Size?

Hey guys -- really bummed about this one.
After several months of being NA-T, i woke up last week to a puddle of PS fluid. I lifted the car onlt to find that my IC piping has been pushing up against one of the fittings and kinked the metal line going into the rack. I unkinked it and secured the IC pipe away from it as it was originally, but then now like non-mandrel bends, the line still has a bad bend and of course the leak is still nasty. It doesnt quite drip, its more like a **** out of the fitting. I read alot of the R&P threads on here but my rack is fine, i just need to replace that first 3 inches of line at the fitting to the rack.. Driving this thing is a real pain at low speeds. I would really appreciate all the help i could get on this one. I checked the TSM for the non turbo supra but couldnt get the specifics on the size of the fitting.

thanks guys/gals
Old 07-06-10, 07:06 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you talking about the hard line going in at the top? Or the hydraulic lines where the 17mm/21mm bolts are?

Jonny
Old 07-06-10, 07:12 AM
turbohye
Driver

Hi Jonny,
Well, this is certainly a hard line and if you are under the car facing the oil pan.. you can see the damaged hard line on the far left of the rack.. the hoses going to the pump are in good condition.
hope that helps.
Old 07-06-10, 07:43 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbohye
Hi Jonny,
Well, this is certainly a hard line and if you are under the car facing the oil pan.. you can see the damaged hard line on the far left of the rack.. the hoses going to the pump are in good condition.
hope that helps.
If you can get me a picture of what you are looking at, I may be able to cut the piece from mine. I am leaving to go out of the country tomorrow, so timing is pretty awful and I can't guarantee I can get to it before I leave... So send me a picture and I will see what I can do

Jonny
Old 07-06-10, 07:50 AM
turbohye
Driver

I will do that for you Jonny.. I cant tell you how much i appreciate the gesture and offer. As soon as i get time today or tomorrow, i will snap a picture of it.
Thank you once again.
Old 07-06-10, 08:40 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbohye
I will do that for you Jonny.. I cant tell you how much i appreciate the gesture and offer. As soon as i get time today or tomorrow, i will snap a picture of it.
Thank you once again.
You are very welcome

However, I leave for the airport tomorrow straight from work, so if I can't get it out and pulled this evening then it will be about 2 weeks until I get back...

Regards,
Jonny