ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   1JZ Not start (no fuel?) help me out. *long* (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/506571-1jz-not-start-no-fuel-help-me-out-long.html)

MrFairlady 06-08-10 07:29 PM

1JZ Not start (no fuel?) help me out. *long*

Ok.I've had my motor Dropped in for a while and Finally got around to Starting her today.
1st Turn: w/ EFI fuse pulled and Fuel ECU unplugged (to generate Oil press) it made 1 click.Nothing. 1 click from starter each time.
---Checked---
Checked to make sure Neutral Saftey was done right (which it was per write up) but I swapped over to the other Spade Connector on the Engine harness to the starter to try.Same Issue.
I Re-grounded the Engine to the battery (better ground) and Boom, it Turns over Great and sounds great.Built enough oil pressure.
NOW,....This car is turning over perfectly w/o the NSS Bypass.Should it?

Plugged in EFI Fuse and Fuel pump ECU and tried to turn over and it only rolls over like it has been.Aeromotive FPR builds pressure but doesn't hold it.Gauge gets to 40+psi but Starts Dropping pretty Quickly after cutting off.
Fuel pump is running because I did the 2-wire,12v Solder trick before I even installed this motor as well as Walbro to make sure it worked.
NO SMELL Of FUEL or Exhaust while turning over Either.

Cracked the Feed line and a few tiny drops started to come out before I Closed it back up.
---Checked---
Made sure the SAFC powered up meaning theres Power to/from the ECU.So thats partially working I guess.

Car and Mods:
93 SC400
Soarer 1JZ/R154 swap with 5speed ECU (No leaking caps/Ecu in Great shape)
Driftmotion 57 Single Turbo,D/M Fuel hardline Kit with Aeromotive FPR
Aristo 440cc injectors (cleaned,balanced by Deatchwerks)
Walbro
SAFC
Patch Harness
No main harness WIRING EXTENSION other than body plugs at ECU (*to avoid a wiring issue*).
What Happens When NSS is not bypassed - Is there Clicks only or Does it just not fire??
My car just rolls over perfect but Does not try to start.What Should I look for.tried only a couple Things (harness connectors Tight) but haven't checked for spark yet,thinking myabe Feed /return lines are Reversed but with the Driftmotion Fuel Line kit it can really go only 1way.Feed is a Threaded Fitting and return is a barbed hose line.Thats it.

any help would be great.

attzor 06-08-10 08:07 PM

I had a very similar issue, the round EFI fuse was shot, I was able to pull it out and blow on it N64 style and it would work for a little bit, but go out, check/replace that fuse. I could hear the fuel pump running and could hear the fuel being sent back through the return line, but the car wouldn't turn over, just cranked.

MrFairlady 06-09-10 08:11 AM

w/o looking all I can guess is Maybe the Crank angle sensor,..I'm pretty sure I plugged it in...but maybe not.That could be why its Not Squirting or sparking.Gonna check that when I go home.

No one can confirm that the wiring should be the same SC300-to-Sc400.This is what I hate about the Build/Swap threads because none of this info is disclosed.
Damn,If I could get it to run I could figure everything else from there I'm sure if theres an issue.

99SC42 06-09-10 10:01 AM

The wriring is not the same even from 94-95 SC the body plugs wire location are different .
I would install the factory lines till i get the car running first.
Maybe you are missing the fuel pump wire that goes to the Body plug!!! not sure
The wiring is different even from 94-95 SC3.

MrFairlady 06-09-10 07:42 PM

ok figured it out.

Mine so happened to need the 2 Blk/brn stripe wires Moved to switched 12v (Big Bad 1JZ swap thread stated this may need to be done) and the car fired right up.No Pins on the body Side to get power to the Ign & injectors.

All done.

***Now for some reason the Fuel Pump & SAFC stays Running even with car off.This is new.And was doing this before I switched ANYTHING.Crazy.Have to disconnect Batt terminal for them to turn off

megamax 07-03-18 02:02 PM

bumppers, now my 1jzec400 wont start either...