Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT Break Lines questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 08:05 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TT Break Lines questions..

I'm interested in these (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-and-more.html) SS Break Lines that are for sale in the SC classifieds and are local to me, but have a few questions that I couldnt find while searching, and want clarification.
First off, will they fit my '99 sc400? I'm gonna say yes but just want a confirmation.
Is there even a point in buying them without the rest of the SS break uprgade? Will I notice any difference in breaking, even if its slight?
Whats the difference between the eBay ones he's selling and regular Toyota TT break lines? Quality or something? Or are they gonna be the exact same thing?
Thanx guys, looking forward to picking these up if everything checks out!

EDIT: Title should read SS (not TT), and Mods can you please move this to the BREAKS section. Had a brain fart.

Last edited by scENFORCER; 05-20-10 at 08:28 PM. Reason: EDIT: Title should read SS (not TT), and Mods can you please move this to the BREAKS section. Had a brain fart.
Old 05-20-10, 11:01 PM
SC1984
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEs if its for a SC or Supra they will it all years SCXXX YOu will feel a slightly better pedal feel, but paired up with LS400 calipers you will really feel a difference. Im not sure about ebay ones, but they should do the job. I personally have the Supra goodridge brake lines
Old 05-21-10, 06:38 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Sweet, sounds like I'm good to go!

Now just have to find a DIY on how to install these, a quick search tells me its gonna be harder than it looks..
Old 05-21-10, 08:08 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Sweet, sounds like I'm good to go!

Now just have to find a DIY on how to install these, a quick search tells me its gonna be harder than it looks..
It's actually easy. Bleeding the brakes is pretty much the biggest part of the job
Old 05-25-10, 10:34 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Anyone able to point me to a DIY on how to do this? Especially the bleeding the break system part. Have searched CL and cant find anything..
Old 05-26-10, 10:57 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Anyone able to point me to a DIY on how to do this? Especially the bleeding the break system part. Have searched CL and cant find anything..

I'm sure this has been covered on this site before

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+bleed+brakes

(btw, brakes are all pretty much the same)