Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

help.... my sc will not stop JERKING

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-10, 02:25 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help.... my sc will not stop JERKING

hey guys, so ive been having this problem for the longest time now and cannot figure it out for the life of me.

so i can start my car cold in the morning and it will run ****in AWESOME but as soon as i turn it off somewhere say go in the store come out and leave it will kick, buck and jerk in the beginning of the throttle pulling off from a stop and even on the freeway say if i feather the throttle it jerks violently

sometimes it will even stall out if i dont give it enough gas, basically have to drag race from every light cant just ease into it.

since then to try and fix my problem i have
-removed egr
-replaced maf sensor
-carb cleaned whole intake manifold
-replaced ignition coil

also more recently my low oil pressure light has been going off and im not sure if a bad oil pressure sender could be it or what?

any and all input would help its freaking horrible to drive and almost put me in a few accidents
Old 04-29-10, 04:25 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my sc400 has done this to me before after a lpng drive on the interstate. I wonder if it could be the tps?
Old 05-01-10, 01:35 AM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sj408
hey guys, so ive been having this problem for the longest time now and cannot figure it out for the life of me.

so i can start my car cold in the morning and it will run ****in AWESOME but as soon as i turn it off somewhere say go in the store come out and leave it will kick, buck and jerk in the beginning of the throttle pulling off from a stop and even on the freeway say if i feather the throttle it jerks violently

sometimes it will even stall out if i dont give it enough gas, basically have to drag race from every light cant just ease into it.

-removed egr
-replaced maf sensor
-replaced ignition coil

also more recently my low oil pressure light has been going off and im not sure if a bad oil pressure sender could be it or what?

any and all input would help its freaking horrible to drive and almost put me in a few accidents
i have the the same problem except that I pulled codes 21,24,28 and 31. and on cold start ups my car idles at like 1500 and sometimes bounces between 1500-2000. I thought it was my iacv but now im leaning towards my maf sensor.
Old 05-01-10, 02:16 AM
ronricorum
Pole Position

hmmm mine used to do this, but after i sprayed some carb cleaner on all my egr lines, changed spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor it stopped and now it runs great. maybe just needs a good tune up?

i still have the code for sub o2 sensor tho.
Old 05-01-10, 07:57 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you check for codes?
Old 05-01-10, 10:10 AM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a ai leak post-maf, or a maf problem........however that should be the least of your worried because oil pressure senders don't fail very often...Have the oil pressure checked with a mechanical gauge....it might be motor time.
Old 05-12-13, 07:30 AM
Unclebob9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sj408

-removed egr
-replaced maf sensor
-replaced ignition coil

The fuel pump relay resistor may be your problem. When it gets bad the car can stall when driving and then start right back up. As it gets worse it will take longer to re-start. On my 92 LS400 it is located just under the fuel pump relay about 2" x 3" silver ribbed, held in place by 1 x 10mm nut.
cost about $65.
Old 05-12-13, 01:23 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine was my ecu. did the same thing in my sc300
Old 05-12-13, 05:48 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

wow, Old thread bump...anyone in the future having this problem, get new o2 sensors, and TPS and the bucking will leave.
Old 05-12-13, 07:35 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unclebob9
The fuel pump relay resistor may be your problem. When it gets bad the car can stall when driving and then start right back up. As it gets worse it will take longer to re-start. On my 92 LS400 it is located just under the fuel pump relay about 2" x 3" silver ribbed, held in place by 1 x 10mm nut.
cost about $65.
It was in fact the tps, even though it was brand new i got it on a datalogger and seen that tps had no signal. Replaced and it was fine