Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust Help on 2JZ Turbo SC300

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-10, 05:26 AM
jonboyb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Help on 2JZ Turbo SC300

My car should be delivered on Wednesday and it has to go in for exhaust immediately. It had a 3" Apexi single system but they owner kept the muffler so it's straight pipe to mid car. I'd really love to go back to dual setup and I was thinking of just using 2 Magnaflows (used on most of my turbo projects). Do you guys even recommend putting the mufflers in.....or just straight pipe it. I do not want to use the larger canister style mufflers. I want to keep the exterior as stock looking as possible.
Old 02-19-10, 08:56 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

About every combination of exhaust is shown here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...st-thread.html

-scott
Old 02-19-10, 10:08 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you could do single piping to a dual tipped muffler. that way the tip size wont be as aggressive but you will have all the flow. kind of like the apexi dual n1.

do you still have 2 exhaust cut outs in your bumper, way want to think about that.
Old 02-19-10, 11:24 AM
jonboyb
Driver

Yes, still 2 cutouts on the bumper which is one reason I want to go back to dual tips. I actually don't mind the size of the canisters on your sig picture, but don't want dual monsters on there.

I need to look into good dual outlet muffler and the possibility of running that under the car with just piping back to the bumper.
Old 02-19-10, 11:26 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
you could do single piping to a dual tipped muffler. that way the tip size wont be as aggressive but you will have all the flow. kind of like the apexi dual n1.

do you still have 2 exhaust cut outs in your bumper, way want to think about that.

Does anyone have an SC with the Dual N1 or similar? I was considering one, but though it would look funny.
Old 02-20-10, 09:07 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jonboyb
Yes, still 2 cutouts on the bumper which is one reason I want to go back to dual tips. I actually don't mind the size of the canisters on your sig picture, but don't want dual monsters on there.

I need to look into good dual outlet muffler and the possibility of running that under the car with just piping back to the bumper.
lol mine are dual monsters, they just look good because they are tucked up really well. 3" piping, 4" tips, and the canisters are even bigger. Its a Zees exhaust that came off a soarer, bolted right up =).
It has a center resonator, so even when I lay on it at full boost the exhaust doesn't get ridiculous.

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Does anyone have an SC with the Dual N1 or similar? I was considering one, but though it would look funny.
I want to see one too. it would have to be angled just right.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 02-20-10 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-20-10, 11:20 AM
jonboyb
Driver

Yep....on closer inspection those are definantly monster canisters That's the difference in a good exhaust though. Even with those giants, it's tucked well and doesn't stick out too much. And compared to the 5 gallon bucket also known as the Super Drager on my Supra.....they are still quite small....LOL.

I've been trying to find just an N1 Dual muffler but I don't think you can buy them without a full exhaust. My plans were to split the 2 canisters and run them to each side since they are tiny compared to most canisters.

Last edited by jonboyb; 02-20-10 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-21-10, 03:34 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

check out this shop. they have every kind of bend/splitter/connector you could ever want
http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.c...pes/Categories

sounds like you just need a y pipe in the middle and run each one back.
Old 02-21-10, 04:11 PM
jonboyb
Driver

One step ahead of you brother Couple of locals recommended that exact website. Looks like I'm going to put a 2-1 collector (3" single to dual 3" or maybe 2.5") under the car and run stright pipe to the bumper outlets for the time being and keep searching for my muffler choice (if I deem it too loud)
Old 02-21-10, 04:52 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I have that- custom made by Titan. 2 Full sized Apexi N1 cans (like from a single setup). Looks great- no cats, 3 1/2 inches. I wouldn't trade it for the world- the tone is incredible.
Old 02-21-10, 05:48 PM
jonboyb
Driver

I think he's actually talking about the Apexi N1 Dual muffler.....not dual N1 canisters. It's 2 much smaller canisters built side by side.
Old 02-22-10, 07:21 PM
speed6
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the 2 n1 black turbo canisters, now only have 1, i know what you mean dual n1's but they would look stupid on a sc imo
dual n1 on a 240
Old 02-22-10, 07:23 PM
speed6
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i deleted on of the n1's on my sc, and it sounds awesome, but id get a ticket if i took out the silencer. it dropps 20hp with a silencer in
Old 02-22-10, 08:42 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Little off-topic here, but did you ever find those headlights Jon? I did a quick google search and didn't get too much luck, other than collision websites (which of course wanted 350-400$ a peice). You could always try and refurbish the ones on the car with one of those headlight refinishing kits they have at autozone, they work great if the oxidation is on the outside.

On topic: who needs mufflers?
Old 02-23-10, 07:55 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jonboyb
One step ahead of you brother Couple of locals recommended that exact website. Looks like I'm going to put a 2-1 collector (3" single to dual 3" or maybe 2.5") under the car and run stright pipe to the bumper outlets for the time being and keep searching for my muffler choice (if I deem it too loud)
sounds like you're on the right track
after seeing the pic of the 240 im not sure the duals on one side would look good on an SC.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 02-23-10 at 07:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Help on 2JZ Turbo SC300