Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Window won't roll down. whats wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 11:57 AM
sc400x92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window won't roll down. whats wrong?

Ok both windows in my sc400 don't roll down, but when i press the button i hear noise in the unit. Is it my window regulator or window motor or both? is it best to replace the whole unit?
Old 02-09-10, 01:38 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

probably best to just replace them both..PM Aliga for parts, and for the step-by-step refer to the link below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...p-by-step.html

good luck.
Old 02-09-10, 02:01 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had this very same problem it was a bad ground wire comming off the switch. Does it make a "frying" sound or a high pitch sweeking coming from the switch. Does your dome light work, cause the "door open detection sensor" is also on the same ground, i can tell you how to fix it.
Old 02-09-10, 02:10 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing is wrong...it is just living up to its old age.
Old 02-09-10, 06:44 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

this happened to my drivers side door. The window has come off the tracks and I know some people have pulled the panel off and fixed it by gluing it back into place, but I'm going to get a whole new assembly.
Old 02-09-10, 08:57 PM
sc400x92
Driver School Candidate

Default exactly

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
I had this very same problem it was a bad ground wire comming off the switch. Does it make a "frying" sound or a high pitch sweeking coming from the switch. Does your dome light work, cause the "door open detection sensor" is also on the same ground, i can tell you how to fix it.
that is exactly what is going on. it is more of the high sweeking noise. if you could help me out a little when u get some time
Old 02-09-10, 09:06 PM
sc400x92
Driver School Candidate

Default this is great.

Originally Posted by turbodremz
probably best to just replace them both..PM Aliga for parts, and for the step-by-step refer to the link below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...p-by-step.html

good luck.
once i get the piece in i will deff use this. thanks
Old 02-09-10, 11:36 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc400x92
that is exactly what is going on. it is more of the high sweeking noise. if you could help me out a little when u get some time
i pm'd you my phone # i can help.
Old 07-10-11, 09:51 PM
anthonyoc
Driver School Candidate

Default need your help, i have same problem

i have 1995 lexus sc400, window won't roll down and switch makes hi pitch squeak...dome light fades off when i push the switch to roll down window...i would greatly appreciate your input on how to resolve this problem..thank you in advance

anthonyoc
Old 07-11-11, 08:36 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this may sound stupid, but really make sure your window lock button isn't down LOL

I created a thread last year freaking out....didn't even notice that I had the window lock button down.
Old 07-11-12, 08:21 AM
redmann
Driver School Candidate

Default I have same thing can you help answer Please!!!

I have exact same thing just new to the site, and have 30 day trial but seems as you have had this problem before and does not show the fix? I hit the switch it buzzes and high pitch and dome goes out deff a back feed and put power to window works and have power at window but something funky with the ground how do i fix it and what wire is the ground. I have been all up in the door to check for broken wire going for a long ride to fla sons car and need to fix it asap. Please is poss can you contact with answer. Thanks in advance Mark
markburnam23@yahoo.com
text 7044921647
Old 07-11-12, 08:23 AM
redmann
Driver School Candidate

Sorry 92 sc 400
Thanks again
Old 07-12-12, 01:36 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

This is how to fix this problem.

This White with Black strip wire is the ground. It runs down from the switch to about the middle of the door, to the factory splice. It continues to the door open detection switch. But at the splice it turns around and heads to the fuse panel. I replaced the wire from the window switch to the splice, then to the plug at the fuse box. When I got to the plug at the fuse panel i cut the wire leaving some to the plug, but ran a splice off that point to a factory grounding point, for added grounding. Here's the pics. That factory ground point is about 10 O'clock from that plug, about a foot or so away. You'll see it.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old 07-12-12, 04:29 AM
92Garntprl
Driver School Candidate

I have a similar window issue my driver side rolls down half way then drops and won't stay up sounds like its trying to roll up but nothing and i can hear the motor moving...any ideas?
Old 07-12-12, 05:57 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My drivrs side window has rolled down months ago. And won't roll back up.

Quick Reply: Window won't roll down. whats wrong?