Window won't roll down. whats wrong? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Window won't roll down. whats wrong?

Old 07-12-12, 06:23 PM   #16
justinsane
Driver School Candidate

Dont buy any new parts just yet. its likely a problem that can be solved easily.

as shown in the previous pics it could be in the harness where the ground is (in the DS kick panel)

mine was actually a broken wire in the door harness itself. I had to pull all the door harness plugs, take the coor panel off and pull the wiring cover back to expose a broken wire in the door hinge area.

in my case, the windows would work, then id open the door and it wouldnt (or vise versa.) then it just stopped working all together. neither window would go down. The DS switch would buzz when pressed, Pass side, nothing at all. sometimes the door locks would open and or close on their own after trying to open or close the window. Even the alarm went off once or twice. I pulled back the harnesses rubber cover and found a broken wire. Make sure you solder it properly and heat shrink it. Using butt splices and stuff is just asking for it to happen again.
justinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 06:30 PM   #17
Chris98Sc
Driver School Candidate

when you replaced the wire what did you replace exactly, im not understading whether you replaced the entire wire or just pieces..
Chris98Sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 03:46 PM   #18
alnardin
Driver School Candidate

Default Both windows not working failed at same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr771 View Post
I had this very same problem it was a bad ground wire comming off the switch. Does it make a "frying" sound or a high pitch sweeking coming from the switch. Does your dome light work, cause the "door open detection sensor" is also on the same ground, i can tell you how to fix it.
Hi There , Yes I have same problem with the windows they failed at the same time , that's not normal to have both motors fail same moment . Any when I depress on window button to make go down the light
near the window button dims and that sounds like some kind of short or not a proper ground . So im believe your story very much . If possible can you tell me how you fixed this issue . Thank you
alnardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 06:14 PM   #19
joe diego
Lead Lap

Check the rotater splint.
joe diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 10:18 PM   #20
RXRodger
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnardin View Post
Hi There , Yes I have same problem with the windows they failed at the same time , that's not normal to have both motors fail same moment . Any when I depress on window button to make go down the light
near the window button dims and that sounds like some kind of short or not a proper ground . So im believe your story very much . If possible can you tell me how you fixed this issue . Thank you
I had the same problem, just ground the ground wire coming out of the button unit to the door and see if that is the problem. There is most likely a broken ground wire.
RXRodger is offline   Reply With Quote