Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP: Puzzled by my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 07:03 PM
klepto2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Puzzled by my car

I started my car the other day to let it warm up then like 10 seconds later it shut off for no reason. Tried starting it again and it would just crank and not fire. After trying to diagnose the problem for a bit I realized that I didn't have any fuel pressure. So I suspected the pump, got a new one just to test it out but same thing. Changed the fuel pump relays, nothing!!! So finally bypasses the relays and hooked up the pump directly to the power and it was working, nothing wrong with it. So it means the ECU is not getting the signal and therefore not triggering the fuel pump. But Now even with the fuel pressure back, the car still wouldn't fire. Sounds like no spark. Now my question is, how could both fuel and spark issues happen at the same time?? IS it the Standalone? Running Haltech e6x. Could my ignitor be shot and therefore the standalone not getting the signal and not triggering the pump? Anybody have any input on this?
Old 12-02-09, 08:23 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

I'm having a similar issue, my fuelpump just seems not to be turning on, I figured it was broken but it's never had an issue before, when you mess with the battery terminals it seems to come on some times, but just dies out after a minute or 2 of running. I'm on the stock ecu with the map2ecu piggy back.
Old 12-02-09, 08:37 PM
phoenix300
Driver School Candidate

With the mods you guys have IDK if this applies, but have either of you done the 12v Fuel Pump ECU mod? IIRC this mod solves an issue similar to the ones you're both having... I may be wrong in this. I did mine last week while I had the back seats out, because the car did this to me once. It would start and immediately die 10 times in a row. Finally it ran ok, next day I did this mod and it has not happened since.

heres the link... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tures-faq.html

Attzor I notice youre about 40 mins from me, I work in Morrow (20 mins south of ATL off I-75) if you can get the car running at all and want to swing by I can help you do this mod in 10 mins if you'd like.

Last edited by phoenix300; 12-02-09 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-03-09, 10:58 AM
vangb2
Pole Position

Did you completly rewired your engine harness with the standalone?
Old 12-03-09, 02:35 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem....Did the fuel pump mod on the side of the road out of desperation With just a pocket screwdriver, a pocket knife, and a cig lighter.....fired right up and hasn't shut off since.
Old 12-03-09, 08:51 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phoenix300
With the mods you guys have IDK if this applies, but have either of you done the 12v Fuel Pump ECU mod? IIRC this mod solves an issue similar to the ones you're both having... I may be wrong in this. I did mine last week while I had the back seats out, because the car did this to me once. It would start and immediately die 10 times in a row. Finally it ran ok, next day I did this mod and it has not happened since.

heres the link... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tures-faq.html

Attzor I notice youre about 40 mins from me, I work in Morrow (20 mins south of ATL off I-75) if you can get the car running at all and want to swing by I can help you do this mod in 10 mins if you'd like.
I'd totally be down for it, but my SC doesn't have insurance, I got in an accident a few weeks ago and still need to get the funds to get the car all fixed up, It's not bad, I'm just a broke 18 year old with no job.
Old 12-04-09, 03:36 PM
phoenix300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by attzor
I'd totally be down for it, but my SC doesn't have insurance, I got in an accident a few weeks ago and still need to get the funds to get the car all fixed up, It's not bad, I'm just a broke 18 year old with no job.
I gotcha. Well if I have a free day sometime soon Ill hit you up and maybe swing by, Im up there a couple times a month.