ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   Best aftermarket parts (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/467520-best-aftermarket-parts.html)

Shadowen 12-02-09 01:38 PM

Best aftermarket parts

I'm going to be running a single turbo 2jz-gte. I know that "best" is usually an opinion and so I just want to know people's reviews. Like:
What is your favorite brand? Why?
What brands should I stay away from? Why?

If you've used a specific brand and Loved it, Let me know. If you've had to replace the stupid thing 5 times from the same brand, let me know that too.

Parts I'm looking at getting info on are:
-Rods
-Pistons
-Headbolts/gasket
-Intake
-Turbo manifold
-Radiator
-Spark plugs
-Ignition wires?
-fuel management systems

Thanks,
Ben

SUPRMSC 12-02-09 02:59 PM

-Rods (Carillo/Brian Crower)
-Pistons (CP/Brian Crower/J&E)
-Headbolts/gasket (ARP Fasteners, Toyota OEM gaskets or HKS)
-Intake (Please specify)
-Turbo manifold (Powerhouse Racing, Full-race, Dave-H Boostwerx)
-Radiator (Mishimoto, Toyota OEM, or Megan Racing)
-Spark plugs (Denso Iridium)
-Ignition wires? (Toyota OEM)
-Fuel management systems (AEM EMS, Apexi Power FC, MAP-ECU, SAFCII/VPC)

Wicked SC 12-02-09 05:26 PM

-Rods (Carillo/Brian Crower)
-Pistons (CP/J&E/HKS)
-Headbolts/gasket (ARP Fasteners, Toyota OEM gaskets)
-Intake (Hypertune/Virtual Works)
-Turbo manifold (Full-race, Boostlogic)
-Radiator (Fluidyne, Toyota OEM, or Koyo)
-Spark plugs (Denso Iridium)
-Ignition wires (Toyota OEM)
-Engine Management Systems (Motec, AEM EMS, Haltech)

Just my $.02 and you're probably getting to get a ton of different answers because everyone has different opinions..

Good luck!

Shadowen 12-02-09 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked SC (Post 5044393)

Just my $.02 and you're probably getting to get a ton of different answers because everyone has different opinions..

Good luck!

I expected as much.
How much better do aftermarket Radiators cool?
Is it worth it?

fried_rice 12-02-09 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowen (Post 5044707)
I expected as much.
Is it worth it?

If you're auto and live in a hot climate- you need extra cooling and auxiliary fans. Stay with the stock fan clutch. What horsepower are you shooting for? If it's under 850-900 (depending how you drive), the stock block and most stock parts are good.

Parts I'm looking at getting info on are:
-Rods-Stock
-Pistons-Stock
-Headbolts/gasket-Stock
-Intake-Stock
-Turbo manifold-XS Power Braced
-Radiator- More fans and tranny coolers if you're an auto
-Spark plugs- NGK
-Ignition wires? GTE has coils?
-fuel management systems. I like Map ECU1 for 700RWHP, Higher than 700 MAP ECU 2, AEM, or Motec if you're a baller and the car is a race car.

Wicked SC 12-03-09 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowen (Post 5044707)
I expected as much.
Is it worth it?

The OEM Radiator is a strong radiator however keep in mind that most of our cars on average are 10-15 years old and the OEM radiator eventually overtime will crack on you! Also, from what I've heard yes the aluminum radiators do cool better, I'm about to switch out my OEM one to a Fluidyne so I'll have first hand experience in about a month or so...

TLDriver 12-03-09 07:43 AM

On the radiators it will vary too because if you get a a Koyo 2 row vs a Koyo 3 row the 3 row should be better then the 2 row. So Make on that wont make a difference but the model will. Just my 2 cents in there.

Shadowen 12-03-09 02:57 PM

I guess I'm asking because I don't have any of these parts. So there isn't the option of keeping the OEM part. I want to know if O should purchases an aftermarket part right off the bat instead of upgrading it later.

That-Guy 12-03-09 05:33 PM

jun makes pretty good stuff too as far as i've heard... and pauter makes good rods... full race made an intake mani a while back i believe... but i think they're really hard to come by. and phr makes good stuff too... if you want to start from a kit rather than build your own.